Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Baby making progress report…

Well, I don’t want anyone to get too excited… no bambino yet.  As of October, we have been at this baby making business for about 8 months.  What many people don’t know and what I don’t think we truly understood going into this, is just what a process it really is for same sex couples.  While not getting into too much detail, what I will say is that it is much more time consuming, COSTLY and difficult, when you don’t have access to an endless supply of sperm…needless to say we are hopeful and marching on!  Both our primary and fertility doctors have said that even for heterosexual couples, it takes between 6 months and a year to conceive.  What I think they were trying to explain to a couple of very inpatient moms-to-be, was that we are not technically experiencing fertility problems yet – and just need to be patient.  For me, the most beautiful part of this whole experience thus far has been that I have learned to appreciate my Wife all that much more.  I get to be the supporter while she is the one physically going through everything and I admire her for that.  The irony in all of this is that she has continued to remain calm and patient while I’ve definitely been more of the emotional partner (surprise, surprise)!  As the months have passed, Grace has already begun to clear out a “baby room” at her house and my Mom has put in an order for a little girl.  For me and G, we just want a healthy happy baby and we know that it will happen when the time is right. 
In the months to come we will be sure to keep you all posted on what transpires! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...