Sunday, October 31, 2010

Operation DIY Home Remodel

About 2 months ago, Georgia and I began to throw around the idea of changing up our kitchen and bathrooms.  We’ve always preferred dark wood to light and felt that the kitchen and bathrooms didn’t really match the other rooms and overall décor of the house.  We did however love the design of the cabinets so tearing them down and installing replacements wasn’t really an option.  After a few weeks of online research and MANY trips to Home Depot, we decided that this was a project we could totally handle.  After a month of cleaning the cabinets, painting, drilling, installing hardware, reorganizing and redecorating – our do it yourself (DIY) kitchen and guest bath remodel are finished!  I can’t begin to tell you how ecstatic I am to have my kitchen back.  We were so excited to host our first get together this weekend and I couldn’t have been happier making frito pie in my beautiful new kitchen!  It was a lot of work but completely worth it.  I’m sure it makes my Dad proud to see that his daughter isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty!!       

I am pleased to present our NEW kitchen & guest bathroom:      

- Right corner view of kitchen BEFORE




















- Right corner view of kitchen AFTER: TSP cabinets, paint, hardware, metal art




















- Left corner view of kitchen BEFORE




















- Left corner view of kitchen AFTERTSP cabinets, paint, hardware, installed wine glass rack




















- East kitchen wall BEFORE


























- East kitchen wall AFTER


























- New bar!


























- New coffee corner!


























- Living room mantel BEFORE


























- Living room mantle AFTER: TSP mantel, paint


























- Guest bathroom BEFORE


























- Guest bathroom AFTER: TSP vanity, paint, flower arrangement (that I made)!!



 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I like it a lot. I have to say, Frito Pie is a dish only had in New Mexico. I wish I could have had some frito pie in your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...