Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Pioneer Woman Blog – a must read

I was recently introduced to this blog by my friend Ryan and I love it!  The thing that is so great about the author Ree, is that she writes from the heart.  She posts about anything and everything – cooking, family, you name it.  I wanted to share one of her recent posts: Ten Important Things I’ve Learned About Blogging.  She gives some great pointers to people like me who are new to the world of blogging and for you vets too I suppose.  I’ve pasted my favorite three from her list below.  If you have the time, I would encourage you to check out her site!
Ten Important Things I’ve Learned About Blogging – posted by Ree www.thepioneerwoman.com   
1. Be yourself.
Write in your own voice.
Write as if you’re talking to your sister.
Unless you don’t get along with your sister.
Or don’t have a sister.

2. Blog often.
Whether you write a sixteen-paragraph essay about the cosmic implications of a free market system, a one-paragraph description of what happens to your soul when you walk into your godforsaken laundry room, or a simple photo and caption, consider your blog a precious bloom that requires daily nurturing.

And watering.
If you water a plant once every two weeks, it will shrivel.
Unless that plant is a cactus, and then it would thrive.
And to tell you the truth, I really can’t figure out how a cactus fits into this analogy, so forget I brought it up.

10. Value every person who takes time out of their day to stop by your blog.
Tell ‘em you love ‘em. Regularly.

P.S. I love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Funny. I feel like so many people love this blog. Have you read her from black heels to tracktor wheels section. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...