Sunday, October 17, 2010

Progress…

Ok, so I know that I said we wouldn’t post pictures of the house until we finished but I can’t resist!  I’ve been in a very bloggy mood this past week and feel like sharing.  Our home has become a total construction zone…it’s filthy.  I wouldn’t call myself a neat freak but I am a much happier wife when the house is organized and right now it most certainly is not!  There’s laundry lining the hallway because we haven’t had time to finish it.  There is dust on everything because we’re drilling holes in the cabinets for new knobs.  The floors are covered with tarps because I’m super paranoid that we’re going to stain the tile.  We’ve been forced to eat all of our meals in the living room because the dining room and kitchen look like a hurricane came through them.  In a nutshell, I feel like I live in a Home Depot.  I can’t really rationalize cleaning the house right now because I know we’ll dirty everything up again the minute it’s cleaned.  Despite this minor irritation, I couldn’t be happier with how things are coming along!  Just the simple fact that our living room and kitchen design and color scheme are going to match makes everything worth it.  Right now the kitchen cabinets are a honey brown color while the rest of the house is decorated in an almost black cherry wood with brick red, chocolate and mustard yellow décor, furniture and paint.  It’s just always drove me nuts that when you look at the living area and then over at the kitchen and dining area, you feel like you’re looking at two different houses…
The good news is that Georgia continues to amaze me with all of her DIY talents.  She’s just figuring things out as we go and it’s pretty impressive.  We decided to restain some of the wood on the exterior of the house as well as the front door which now looks like a totally new door (with a cute little peep hole that G installed).  We decided after going back and forth a hundred times to splurge on the handles for the kitchen cabinets.  Originally we were going to go with some basic silver knobs but then I found these super cute contemporary looking handles (that were twice as much $$) and I had to have them.  My rational was that I’m going to have to see these cabinets and use them every day, so it’s probably important that I love them – right?!  In addition to the home renovations, I’ve been reconnecting with my crafty side!  I actually made my first floral arrangement for the guest bathroom out of these cool leather flowers I found at Hobby Lobby.  As I was working on the arrangement I realized that not only was I making a floral arrangement for the first time, but I was making it to add some fanciness to the guest bathroom…I’ve officially turned into my Mother.  I can remember getting so bugged during my teen years because I was never allowed to use the “fancy towels” or really touch anything else in the guest bathroom…and here I am perpetuating the craziness.  In all honesty, if the 18 year old me met the 28 year old me – I'm not sure that they'd be friends…I’m just sayin :)
In closing to this very long post, along with the DIY projects, I just realized that I’m going to have to fit Halloween costume design in with all the madness so here goes...I think I can, I think I can…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...