Thursday, October 14, 2010

We’re on a break

You know you spend too much time and money at Starbucks when the barista knows your name and drink of choice!  This was the crude realization I came to this morning while picking up my daily cup of Joe.  As always, I was greeted by Pauline, the nice lady that works the register at “my” Starbucks.  Before I even made my way to the counter P was busy pouring my coffee and water.  You see, I go to Starbucks every morning before work, and quite honestly I see Pauline more often than I see my own Mother (which is ridiculous).  As we were busy chatting it up, I reached into my purse to grab my credit card.  As I was doing this I’m thinking to myself – I wonder how much money I spend here every month?  Well by the time I got to the office I just had to figure this out!  As it turns out, in the past 30 days I’ve spent (drum roll please…) $76.02!!!  This basically means that I spend almost a thousand dollars a year on coffee at Starbucks!  To take it a step further, I’ve been addicted to Starbucks for about 5 years now which means I’ve blown almost $5000 on beans!  BEANS!!  This is completely unacceptable and it must come to an end. 
After much deep thought and contemplation, I’ve decided that I am going to commit to making coffee at home.  We have a really nice coffee maker and I can go buy all the goodies I use daily at Starbucks for the house.  I’ve heard that it takes 21 days to break a bad habit and/or form a new good habit, so that is what I intend to do.  Starting Monday I shall make my café en la casa!  Tomorrow will be my last Starbuck’s run…
Come Monday – we are officially on a break!  

1 comment:

  1. beans!! BEANS!!! Ha! I love your blog. I have just been reading all of your stuff but the beans!! BEANS!! made me have to send a comment. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...