Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Crock Pot Cookin: White Chicken Chili Stew

Welcome to crock pot season!  Whether you know how to cook or you’re a cook in training, you really can’t mess up a meal when there’s a crock pot involved!  I think this is why I initially grew to love crock pot cookin.  One of my biggest struggles is finding the time and energy to make dinner during the colder months when it’s already dark by the time G and I get home from work.  The great thing about this type of recipe is that you can cut all your veggies and thaw your meat the night before, so all you really need to do in the morning is toss your ingredients in the crock pot before heading out the door!  Within about 6-8 hours (if you’re cooking on low – which I recommend) your house will be filled with the delicious aroma of slow cooked meat and vegetables.

For my birthday this year my team at work gave me the Better Homes and Gardens Slow Cooker Family Dinner Cook Book!  My plan is to try to make a different recipe each week of the fall/winter season.  Today I’ll be making white chicken chili stew.  If any of you decide to give this recipe a try, be sure and let us know how it turns out!



What you’ll need:



~ 2 pkgs. McCormick Seasoning Mix
~ 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
~ 2 tbsp. olive oil
~ 4 cups water
~ 2 cans white beans (northern beans), undrained
~ 1 to 2 cups corn
~ 1 cup shredded carrots
~ Garlic salt to taste

and….my own secret added ingredient: 1 cup salsa and Cholula to taste (Cholula is hot sauce and really any hot sauce will do).  This gives it a little kick!


Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...