Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Turkey Day

It’s the day after Thanksgiving and I’m still stuffed!  I feel like I’m having what my cousin Nick calls a “food baby”!  This year we celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday a little differently.  Georgia’s family traveled out to LA and Las Vegas so our day was pretty low key.  Our first course was served at my mom’s house and I must say she really outdid herself this year.  The meal was served outside in a heated tent with see-through walls.  She made the most adorable table decorations out of candles, acorns and cranberries.  We got to meet Mike’s sister, brother-in-law and nieces that flew in from California for the first time and they were the nicest people.  My mom made the usual but I would have to say that her stuffing and pumpkin strudel pie were my favorite.  During the dinner, I noticed that grandma Chris was wearing the cutest owl earrings.  After telling her how much I liked them she said “I knew you would and that’s why I wore them”.  She then took both earrings off and asked me to keep them!  This was without a doubt the highlight of my day.  I told grandma that now I’m going to have to go out and find an outfit to go with my new jewelry!     


After chowing down and doing LOTS of dishes, we packed up our things and headed over to Dom’s house.  I was so happy to see that in addition to Angela’s family, Nick and Ashlynne were there too!  It was so great to see and visit with everyone and I was happy to finally see the new tile in the kitchen and living room – you did a great job brother!  We stayed for a few hours to watch the Cowboy game (which was thoroughly depressing) and have a few beers.  My brother made two turkeys this year so he gave me one of his wishbones.  I’m sure you all can guess what my wish was :)    

I was so happy when Missy called on our way home to say that Guy was preparing her a special vegetarian dinner complete with tofurkey!  I loved that even though Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October, Guy went out of his way to also celebrate American Thanksgiving with Missy!  Following Dom’s, we ended our day of thanks relaxing at home watching movies and babysitting my ma and pop-in-laws dog, Ozzie.  George, Grace and Dean were very much missed but we know you all are having a blast out in LA, LA land!












Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...