Friday, December 31, 2010

Crock Pot Cookin: Holiday Pot Roast

For the annual girls Christmas party this year G and I were tasked with making the main dish.  We opted for a traditional holiday roast.  In all truthfulness, I chose the recipe because I was looking for an excuse to use our Crock Pot BBQ Pit!  I ended up leaving the meat rack in place while I cooked the roast which didn’t allow the meat to completely marinate in the Worcestershire and bbq sauce.  Because of this, the roast wasn’t as tender as I would have liked but for a first attempt, I think it came out pretty delicious. 

The goods:


- 1 (4 pound) beef round roast
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 8 to10 peeled potatoes
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup barbeque sauce

In the pit! 


Step 1: Place beef roast in slow cooker, add carrots, onions, celery and potatoes 

Step 2: Season with garlic powder and black pepper

Step 3: Mix Worcestershire and barbeque and pour sauce over meat and vegetables

Step 4: Cook on low until the meat is tender, 6 to 8 hours while enjoying a glass of wine :)


I’ve got to hand it to our amigas - the menu was superb!  We chowed down on a fresh fruit salad, extra cheesy mac and cheese, homemade sea food gumbo, shrimp with mango salsa and mash potatoes from scratch.  I truly appreciate food presentation and these girls delivered.  Below are a few pics of our joyous feast!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...