Both Justine and Georgia loved it and I’m sure you will too!
- 2 cans (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ - 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 jar (8 ounces) chunky salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
Before the cookin in a smaller crock pot...
After the cookin…
Step 1: In a 3-qt crock pot, combine the beans, broth, tomatoes, chicken, salsa, corn and seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
Step 2: Shred chicken with two forks and return to the crock pot; heat through. Serve with rice.
*Not spicy enough for you? Feel free to add a few more ounces of salsa and/or a little hot sauce.