Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011 DIY Projects!

A new year is here and that means it’s time to make a new DO IT YOURSELF list!  DIY projects have become one of my absolute favorite hobbies.  There is nothing better than taking something in your home that is old, damaged or just ugly and making it in to something beautiful! 

The plan is to start with a closet remodel!  


As you can see, our closet in the master is in need of some serious intervention.  It’s jammed with clothes (half of which we don’t wear), there is little to no organization…it’s just a mess!  I’ve starting converting the hangers from plastic to metal.  My ma-in-law turned me on to the new hangers and I love them!  They are much less bulky,  they're non-slip and really strong.  Thank goodness for the Home Shopping Network ;)


Next on the list is to install a storm door. 


We’ve been meaning to do this since last year when my mom’s house was burglarized.  Even though she lives in a really nice neighborhood some douche bag kicked in the front door and was in and out in minutes.  The cops said that this seems to be what’s happening with most home robberies these days.  Even though we have an alarm system I think it would give us both a little peace of mind!  It would also be nice to be able to leave the door open in the spring and summer months :)

I’m dying to get this 1970’s fan out of the house!  This is the only fan that we still need to replace and I’m tired of having to look at it every night before I go to bed…


We have one finishing touch in the guest bathroom.  I’m not sure how this thing got dented but we were planning to replace them both anyway.  I’m not a big fan of the shiny silver hardware.


I’m embarrassed to share this pic…but here goes…


The laundry room is our final frontier.  It’s a great little room – we just need to finish painting and organize it a bit.


I would love to replace our master bathroom vanity with granite but I’m not sure that’s going to happen this year.  When we actually get around to doing some of these DIY projects, I’ll be post some after pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...