Sunday, January 23, 2011

Crock Pot Cookin: Tex-Mex Beef Wraps

I’m not one to curse on my blog but I must say…this recipe was the shit!  For those of you that may not be hip to my urban lingo…being “the shit” is a good thing!  It was delicious – my favorite crock pot recipe so far. As we were chowing down I told G, “this would be a great Super Bowl dish” so I think I’m going to make it again for the big game.  The thing I appreciated about this recipe (aside from its deliciousness) was that it cooked for 9 hours!  This was a plus considering the fact that I’ve overcooked my last 2 crock pot creations…the ingredients were pretty basic, most of which I had around the house.  I promise you’ll love it!


Ingredients:


·         1 tablespoon chili powder
·         2 teaspoons ground cumin
·         1 teaspoon salt
·         ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
·         1 boneless beef pot roast lean (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 4 pieces
·         1 large onion, chopped
·         3 cloves garlic, minced
·         1 ½ cups salsa
·         1 ½ cups water


Wrap fixings’
·         10 (6 to 7 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
·         1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
·         1 cup chopped tomato
·         ¼ cup chopped cilantro
·         1 avocado, diced


What to do:

1. Blend chili powder, cumin, salt and red pepper.  Rub meat all over with spice mixture.  Place onion, garlic and water in bottom of 4 to 7 quart crock pot.  Top with meat.  Spoon salsa over meat.  Cover and cook on low 8 to 9 hours, or on high 3 ½ to 4 ½ hours.

2. Remove meat from slow cooker; place on plate and use 2 forks to shred meat.  Return meat to cooker and mix well.  Adjust seasonings to taste if needed.  Place meat on warm tortillas; top with cheese, tomato, cilantro and avocado.  Roll up to enclose filling.  Serve with remaining salsa.


Super Bowl here we come :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish. I get so sad every time I see Sadie's salsa in your pictures. Our salsa sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can order and have it delivered to your casa! Right now shipping is 1/2 off! www.sadiessalsa.com

    I use “not so hot” in my recipes because “hot” is out of control!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...