Friday, February 4, 2011

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family

As Georgia and I do everything we can to bring a baby into this world, and the reality that we will one day (hopefully soon) be parents, I often find myself worrying about all the “what ifs” that come along with having a child.  Just like any other aspiring parent, I find myself worrying about everything from health to safety and we don’t even have a baby yet!  Aside from these common concerns, as a gay parent with a modern family, there can be some additional worries involved.  Will my kiddo get bullied because he has two mommies?  Will my little one’s teachers treat her like every other student that has a mom and dad?  Will Georgia and I have everything it takes to raise a well rounded, responsible and respectful child that is proud of where they come from? 


I’m confident that we can but it certainly helps to see a living example of the fact that gay parents have been doing this for generations.  Below is a video I came across today that filled me with pride for my community and hope for what the future holds. 

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, all the yahoos out there who can become parents are nowhere near as capable as you and Gerogia are. So what, the kid has two mommies. That is a double blessing of the kind. Most kids only get to have one mommy and we both know how sacred a mother is. Your child will have fabulous male role models in his/her life because of both of your brothers who will be the best uncles.
    I am not worried for your child, I am excited for him!
    love you guys!
    BTW have you seen The Kids Are Alright? Doug and I just watched it on Tuesday and it is sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...