Sunday, March 27, 2011

Family Weekend

This weekend has been action (and family) packed and I’ve loved every minute of it.  For me and G, life can get pretty hectic.  Work weeks, housework, working out...it can feel all consuming at times.  It’s this craziness called life that often keeps us from having as much family time as I would like.  I thought about this as we drove home from grocery shopping today.  I thought about the fact that even though most of the family lives 20 minutes away, we often go weeks without seeing each other.  I think that’s what made this weekend so special!  


Our extended weekend began with a visit from George and Grace.  My pop-in-law was nice enough to come over and give us some help with the carpet in the guestroom.  George never fails to amaze me with how easy he can make the hardest jobs look.  In about 30 minutes he was in and out (and took the old carpet with him)!  I am so very grateful for all the support my in-laws give us.  I don’t know what we would do without them :)  

This weekend was Dom’s 32nd birthday so I swang by the house with a couple of cupcakes to get his weekend started – carrot cupcakes of course!  The boys were so cute.  I came by pretty early so the entire time I was there they were both running around in their shortes.  Ha!  It reminded me of when I was little.  Rudy is getting so big it’s unbelievable.  In just a few days he is going to be 10 YEARS OLD!  Devin had so much he wanted to show me.  The entire time I was there he was dragging me from room to room telling me stories.  Every time I come over he shows me every action figure he has each with an individual name.  It’s hilarious!     

We had a surprise party for Dom on Saturday night at Knucklehead’s Bar and Grill and we had a blast!  First off, thank goodness for Cousin Harold.  He reserved an area just for us, arranged cake service and waived the cover for about 30 people.  Thank you so much Harold!  Dom had no idea which made it that much better. He thought Angela was just taking him for a drink after dinner and when they walked in the band made a huge announcement on stage followed by all of us yelling SURPRISE!!!  I don’t think I’ll ever forget his face.  It made me so happy to see him so happy.  All of his closest friends and Cousins were there.  Domonic was in such a good mood he actually danced with my Mom and for those of you who know Dom; you know this is not an everyday occurrence.  In the past 10 years I’ve seen him dance twice…once at his wedding and once at mine. 

Our weekend ended with brunch and a little housework.  The living room carpet/rug arrived this weekend so we set that up.  Our casa is all tile and wood floors so I have been counting the days to feeling the soft cushion of carpet beneath my feet.  It was a great way to end a great weekend.  I love weekends like this.  I just love them.

We have carpet!  Can I get a woot, woot!


With all the craziness of getting the cake and decorations ready, I totally forgot my camera.  Thank goodness for the iPhone.  I was able to snap a few pictures and take some video.  They’re not the clearest pictures but they are captured memories all the same.  

Here’s a few ~ happy birthday brother.  We love you.

video








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...