Sunday, March 13, 2011

My 20-Something Bucket List!

I’ve been feeling very blah, blah lately and I can’t seem to shake it.  Maybe it’s because of the change of season…maybe its baby blues…maybe it’s just that I’m in a rut and need to do something exciting – who knows??  For the purposes of this post, I’m going to go with option 3.  Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve come to the conclusion that the only way to remedy this blah, blah situation, is to shake things up a bit.  I’ve decided to make a 20-something bucket list.  For those of you that may not know what a bucket list is – it’s basically a list one puts together, for any number of reasons, which details things that person must do in a set amount of time.  The only criteria I set in making my list was that each activity had to be something I could do in Albuquerque or within 500 miles of the city and everything had to cost no more than 100 bucks!  


I’m going to be 30 (yes 30!!) in a little over 7 months, so my 20-something experiences are very quickly coming to an end.  Don’t get me wrong – the past 9 years have been pretty awesome, but never the less, I feel the need to leave my 20’s with a bang!!!  Staying in line with my 30 theme, I’ve decided to do 30 things between now and October 25th, 2011. 

And now (in no particular order) may I present my BUCKET LIST:  Let the festivities begin :)

1.    Ride a mechanical bull
2.    Take a couples cooking class
3.    Go to the UFO museum in Roswell, NM
4.    Take a road trip to Denver
5.    Learn to say “hello” in 10 different languages
6.    Go to a play at the Vortex Theatre
7.    Plant a tree in the backyard
8.    Take an overnight fishing trip to Isleta Lakes & RV Park
9.    Try authentic Thai cuisine for the first time at Orchid Thai
10.  Take a CPR/AED/First Aid class
11.  Go to a car dealership and test drive my dream car
12.  Have a picnic in an ABQ park I’ve never visited
13.  Fill out an application at a fast food restaurant and see if I get an interview
14.  Take the Rail Runner up north to shop in Santa Fe
15.  Taste the “Best of the City” green chile cheeseburger at ABQ Brew Pub
16.  Go shooting at Calibers Sports Center
17.  Donate blood (this terrifies me…)
18.  Host a tea party at the St. James Tearoom
19.  Attend my first acupuncture session
20.  Go to dinner at the Luna Mansion in Los Lunas
21.  Visit the Petroglyph National Monument
22.  Take an Albuquerque Horseback Adventure Tour
23.  Make a baby!
24.  Try Indian food for the first time at India Palace
25.  Go camping in Penasco
26.  Once a week, eat lunch outside away from my phone and computer
27.  Visit my local public library
28.  Attend an Equality New Mexico event
29.  Go to a wine tasting and try wines I’ve never had before
30.  Buy a piece of turquoise at the NM Turquoise Museum

I can’t take full credit for making this list.  I had feedback and got lots of great ideas from family and friends!  Special thanks to my sis, G, Angela, Ma, Anthony, Kelley, Deanna, Susan and Kathleen for all of your great suggestions! 

Let’s hope I have some crazy stories and pictures to share over the next couple of months!       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...