Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Perigee Moon

My mom is obsessed with the moon.  Since my days at the sorority house, each full moon, eclipse, anything moon related, I could count on getting a call from Mom.  She would ring me up to make sure I was planning to watch the sky and because of her I haven’t missed one yet!

As is customary, my Ma called yesterday to tell me to watch the sky because there was going to be a “super moon”.  I obviously had no idea what a super moon was so I did what I always do – I googled it!  It turns out that a “super perigee moon” is when the moon appears 30% larger than normal.  The moon isn’t actually changing size. It’s just appearing larger because it’s at the “perigee” point in its orbit around earth, the closest point in the orbit’s ellipses.  Apparently the last time this happened was back in 1992!  Cool stuff :)

Thanks for the heads up mamasita!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...