Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Makings of a Craft Closet

I first got the idea to turn a closet into my own little crafting corner from my auntie Maine.  A few months ago when I went over for a visit, she showed me the awesome photo center she’s made out of the closet in her guest room.  It was the coolest thing!  She had all her albums displayed and her supplies organized for easy access.  Since that visit, I did some research and found that there are all types of things you can do with closet space aside for the usual clothing storage.  The closet I’m turning into my crafting space isn’t as vast as auntie Maine’s, but none the less I still have BIG plans for my small area!

I came across some pictures of a craft closet I’m going to model my space after while browsing my favorite DIY blog – The DIY Showoff.  This is just one of many ideas that have been inspired by the great stuff I come across on Roeshel’s blog so be sure to check it out when you have some time.  I’ve posted some before pictures of the closet in question below and I feel the need to include a small disclaimer…this is by far the most ridiculously unorganized closet in our house.  This closet is in the office which has always been the room we put things that don’t have a place anywhere else (I think we all have a room like this – right)?  This is also the room we’re currently transforming into an office/guestroom/craft room combo.  As you can imagine, we are having to move mountains to get everything that was once in two rooms to now fit into one…hence the reason my office is now moving into the closet :) 


Here’s the dreaded before picture…yikes!


Here is another photo that shows some progress and a sneak peek of the new guestroom and carpet!  I think we’ll be finished and ready for the big reveal in a week or so!  I know it seems like we’ve been working on this room forever (which we have) but really it’s just taken this long because we’ve been dragging our feet…   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...