Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bucket List #8 Take a fishing trip to Isleta Lakes

This past weekend Georgia and I packed up the camper (and the boys) and headed to Isleta Lakes for a short staycation.  Prior to adding this location to my bucket list, I had never even heard of Isleta Lakes which I know is ridiculous considering its 20 minutes from the house.  We had such a GREAT time!  The landscape was beautiful, there were plenty of fish and we even made friends with the neighbors!








Rudy and Devin had an absolute blast but to be completely honest I could park the camper behind a Wal-Mart and they would be as happy as can be.  The boys love the camper and would hang out in it all day if we let them.  We spent our first evening at the lake fishing, grilling, jamming to some tunes and enjoying the city lights.  My mom came down to eat with us and ended up staying the night! 






Nani and the boys woke up super early Sunday morning to catch some fish.  Rudy was ready to go with his fancy new fishing pole that Nani gave him and Devin couldn’t be happier with the tackle box and fishing pole we gave him for his birthday.  Georgia and I opted to sleep in and pass on the early morning fishing trip, but as fate would have it – plans changed.  Just as I was falling back asleep I could hear my mom screaming from across the lake shouting “GIRLS, GIRLS Rudy caught a fish”!!!  We jumped out of bed, threw on our clothes and went to check it out.  Not only was this the first time Rudy ever caught a fish, the fish was huge!  He was so proud of himself and so were we.  We took about 100 pictures :)






The sweet Grandpa next door taught us how to fillet the fish! 


I love Rudy’s face in this picture :) 


Sunday afternoon Grace, George and Ozzie joined us for some Father’s Day fishing.  George came equipped with his fly fishing pole and vintage tackle box which made him look like quite the pro!  After breakfast, we all headed down to the lake to picnic while George and Rudy fished.  Right around the time Rudy caught his third fish; Georgia leaned over to me and said “my dad is so stubborn; he’s never going to catch anything with the fly fishing rod”!  I’m not joking when I say that at that exact moment he caught his first fish!  I think he had a great Father’s Day. 


I hope all you other papas had a good one too!    







Devin and Rudy decided that this is something we’re going to have to do every year for Devin’s birthday.  I think we just might :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! So sweet! You are a wonderful autie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cissy! They are such good boys - we have so much fun with them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...