Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Veggie Lovers


Okay, so maybe that’s a stretch… but we’re getting better!  Georgia and I have consumed more vegetables in the past 4 months than I think we have in our entire lives.  We even grilled eggplant for the first time a few weeks ago (which was totally disgusting, I do not recommend it).  The good news is that aside from the eggplant fiasco, we’ve loved everything else.  In addition to eating more veggies, we have also started grocery shopping at Sunflower Market, which has been such a delight!  The first time I went to the market, I was greeted by a woman working in the produce section who asked me if it was my first time visiting (I must have looked overwhelmed or something).  When I told her that it was she proceeded to give me a tour of the market that lasted nearly an hour, as well as a few canvas bags for my groceries.  Having spent the past 5 years grocery shopping at Wal-Mart – you can imagine how shocked I was!


Since that first visit I have learned SO MUCH about new and interesting veggies!  I’ve learned a ton more about organic foods, wines, new recipes and just general ways to live a healthier life.  I think that Georgia would agree that we have completely embraced this new way of eating and living and we’re feeling great!  Below are a few pics of some of the fun and healthy dishes we’ve made for dinner as well as the new vegetables we’ve discovered.


Georgia also came across a chart that detailed the fruits and vegetables with the highest and lowest pesticide content while reading a book on eating for pregnancy.  I know it’s not always possible to buy organic or eat organic, so if you can’t go organic – keep the following in mind: 

Highest pesticide content
Lowest pesticide content
Peaches
Strawberries
Onions
Asparagus
Apples
Cherries
Avocados
Sweet peas
Bell peppers
Kale
Sweet corn
Kiwis
Celery
Lettuce
Pineapples
Cabbage
Nectarines
Imported grapes
Mangoes
Eggplants




Some of our favorite dishes! 

Green chile chicken stew ~ 


Organic turkey meat swiss burger ~


Grilled chicken with calabacitas ~


Salmon and asparagus with sunflower salad ~


Turkey stuffed bell peppers ~


Asian chicken stir fry ~ 


Cream of mushroom & chicken soup ~

Feeling hungry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...