Sunday, September 11, 2011

DIY Master Bathroom Remodel

This past weekend Georgia and the fam went out to LA to celebrate Grace’s birthday and visit brother bear.  Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get the time off to join them, so I spent the holiday weekend here at home.  Because I knew that it was going to be a long weekend and that I needed to find something that would keep me busy while G was away (I tend to get very lonely… it’s pretty pathetic), I decided to finally do the bathroom remodel.  The best part is that I was able to do all the planning and some prep work the weeks leading up to G’s trip and she had absolutely no clue!

All in all, it was a lot of work.  I had no idea that it would take me 3 solid days, morning to night, to get everything finished!  Having said that – her reaction was totally worth it!  I decided not to say anything on the way home but to just let her go to the room and notice for herself.  It was awesome.  When we got home I told her that I would start dinner while she unpacked in our room.  I watched as she turned the corner, stopped dead in her tracks and looked back at me in total disbelief.  She was completely caught off guard and shocked by the transformation.  It makes me so happy to surprise her with things like this!

Warning… the before pictures are pretty bad.  This bathroom is about 15 years old and was in desperate need of a little love.  The hole you’ll see in the cabinet has been there for about 8 years or so and Georgia accidently broke the medicine cabinet a year ago.  I’m so happy I don’t have to see that stuff anymore!

Here’s is what I did ~

-       TSP cabinets
-       Sanded cabinets
-       Installed cabinet knobs
-       Touched up green and white paint 
-       Removed and replaced the medicine cabinet
-       Painted cabinets
-       Replaced towel rack with new brushed nickel
-       Repaired broken cabinet
-       Re-faced cabinet fronts with custom design kitchen backsplash
-       Replaced bathroom décor
-       Replaced vanity lights with new Reveal lights

Here are the before/after pictures of our beautiful bathroom!

Right view ~ Before


Right view ~ AFTER


Left view ~ Before


Left view ~ AFTER

Medicine cabinet ~ Before



Medicine cabinet ~ AFTER


Left view ~ Before


Left view ~ AFTER


Vanity ~ Before


Vanity ~ AFTER


Check out my cabinet re-construction!  I went to two glass shops and Home Depot (twice) to figure out how I could fix this cabinet.  Every dude I spoke with said that the cabinet would have to be dismantled in order to replace center panel and that because it’s old it would likely fall apart.  I knew that there had to be a more creative option and I was right!  On my way out the door I came across this back splash in the kitchen area and had an a-ha moment!

2 comments:

  1. Absolute beauty afterwards, very well done renovation. Show more pictures next time!

    -Bronx Shower Doors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! The bathroom is a lot smaller than it looks so these were all the angles I could capture given the space. Thank you for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...