Monday, October 3, 2011

16 weeks & some baby Q&A


:: Georgia @ 16 weeks ::

We’re almost halfway there folks!  As much as I thought that time would go by super slow, it seems to be speeding along.  This past weekend we camped at the Balloon Fiesta RV Park, attended our annual UOP Balloon event and went to Angela’s baby shower (blog posts of these events are coming soon!)  These crazy busy weekends seem to be our new normal, which is fine by me.  The busier the better!  One of the things that I’m lovin these days are all the baby gifts we’ve already received from our peeps; presents, YAY!  Most recently our friend Becca gave us the most adorable baby scrapbook to document our pregnancy pictures.  We printed some photos last week and I can't wait to get started (thanks Becca!)  We keep asking friends and family to save the wonderful things they're giving us for the baby shower in January, but they’ve all said that they are too excited to wait.  It warms my heart to see everyone so eager to celebrate our little babe.  

My friend Michele posts “baby highlights” each month on her blog and I love the idea!  Below are a few highlights from Georgia in this, our 16th week.  I’ll have her Q&A me next month :)

How was your 3rd month? Yucky!  Month 3 was filled with “morning” sickness, exhaustion and a lot of forgetful moments.  On the flip side, my lady spoiled me all month.  She regularly had to pick up my slack. Naps have become a regular in the time that I usually use for cleaning and doing laundry and thankfully when I wake up those things have magically been done.  I’m a lucky girl!

Baby was formally announced a few weeks ago.  How was that experience? It was so exciting.  We have had so much support from our friends, family and our co-workers.  Everyone seems so excited and baby has already received quite a few early gifts.  Thanks everyone!!

What are you craving these days? I’m craving pancakes and OJ… everyday on my way to work I have to fight the urge and go straight to work instead of stopping for goodies.

Is your body feeling any different?  How so? I feel as though my shape is changing.  I haven’t gained any weight, I’ve actually lost, but my body seems to be growing in some places and shrinking in others.  Month 3, I also felt very sluggish. Normal activities tire me out quickly and then I have to take a little break to recover.

Are you in need of maternity clothes yet? Nope not yet.  I lost about 20 pounds before getting preggers and seem to keep losing (9 more pounds in the first tri) so my big girl clothes are working out just fine for now.

What do you think you’re having – boy or girl?  Boy… maybe

How is the baby prep going? Baby prep happened a lot more before we got pregnant so we started ahead of the game.  We are just waiting to find out the sex so that we can get started on the baby room.
 
What do you look forward to in the next OB appt? I look forward to getting a little closer to finding out what we are having.  Can you tell I’m eager?? :)

What is your favorite and least favorite part of the mornings? Brushing my teeth is my least favorite part of mornings.  My favorite part is that I get woken up with kisses for me and baby every day.

What is your favorite and least favorite part of the evenings? Favorite part of the evening is getting to sleep.  Least favorite is that I have not felt so good in the evening.  I usually can’t even think about food and definitely don’t want to see nasty food commercials on TV.  Looking forward to feeling better in Month 4...

Are you nesting yet?  If so, what do you want to get done this month? No nesting from me yet… in other words, I’ve done nothing in month 3 but grow baby.

How is your family adjusting to the soon-to-be baby?  I think we are all doing good and getting more excited as the days go by.

What do you look forward to most in month 4?  I look forward to two things, finding out the sex of the baby and hopefully starting to feel some movement.  That should be coming between 18 and 22 weeks.  Bring it on baby!  Just no jabs to mommy’s ribs please.

How your baby’s growing: 16 Weeks


Get ready for a growth spurt.  In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length.  Right now, he’s about the size of an avocado: 4½ inches long and 3½ ounces.  His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head.  His ears are close to their final position, too.  The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren’t recognizable yet.  He’s even started growing toenails and there’s a lot happening inside as well.  For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...