Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mia’s Baby Shower ~


This past weekend my mom hosted a baby shower for my sis-in-law, Angela.  It really was beautiful!  The shower was set outside under a big tree that hangs over the lawn.  Pastel paper décor and wind chimes hung from the trees and everything was covered in PINK!  Angela looked beautiful (of course) and so happy.  We were joined by friends and family and we even let Rudy, Devin and Ociel crash the event :)  It was so nice to see everyone and to spend some quality time with my aunts and cousins at the “Orozco table.”  I honestly can’t remember the last time I laughed so much!  Grandma and grandpa were there, only this year grandpa opted to stay inside and watch football because as he put it, “there are way too many ladies out there!”  

It was so exciting to watch Angela open her gifts because it made us think about how much fun it’s going to be when it’s our turn!  As Ang displayed onesie’s, baby blankets and the cutest little dresses ever, I had a smile from ear to ear.  My cousin Santana got a kick out of making fun of our giddiness :) 

Dom and Angela finally have a date for baby Mia’s arrival – October 24th, the day before my bday!  What a great birthday present!        


Justi made the most delicious cup cakes :)



The beautiful quilt that my mom and grandma made for baby Mia!


Below is the recipe for the deviled eggs I made for the shower.  Georgia loved them so I thought I would share.

What you’ll need ~



·       14 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
·       ½ cup mayonnaise
·       2 tablespoon diced dill pickles
·       2 teaspoons prepared mustard
·       Salt and pepper, for taste
·       Paprika, for garnishing

            

Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, diced dill pickles, and mustard. Add salt and pepper, to taste.


Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika.  Store covered in refrigerator.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...