Sunday, November 6, 2011

20 weeks & some baby Q&A


:: Georgia @ 20 weeks ::

We’re halfway there already, woot, woot!  As promised in week 16, below are some questions from G to me in this our 20th week :)

According to K…

We recently found out we are having a girl… how did you feel about the new discovery?  I was shocked and so blissfully happy!  In month 5, I felt like everyone I asked thought that we were having a boy.  I think that after hearing this from everyone, all the time, I started to think we were having a boy too.  When the ultrasound tech said that we were having a girl it was a total surprise!

Has it been hard juggling the housework with Georgia out of commission?  Things have gotten so much easier now that G is feeling better.  I can see a complete change in her energy level, which I think is in large part due to the fact that she has an appetite again and she’s sleeping much better.  This past month she would get boosts of energy and clean like a crazy person on the weekends.  I’m not sure if it’s early signs of nesting but I’m lovin it ;)  

Tell us what you did in month 4 to prepare for baby girls arrival?  We started purchasing cloth diapers (finally!)  The original plan was to buy 1-2 cloth diapers each paycheck in our first tri but we kept putting it off and then I started to panic because we hadn’t purchased a single diaper as we approached the halfway point.  We visited the cutest little shop called the Giggling Green Bean and purchased some XS and Small sizes that are ADORABLE!  I also started saving for maternity leave.  I’m only going to have enough sick/vacation time to receive a paycheck for the first month of mat leave so I’ve started a baby fund so that I can take the full 3 months off, paid.  Looks like we’re going to be eating beans for the next couple of months, hehe!


I had to post this picture!  Seriously, how cute are these?!  It makes me so happy to know that Grace is going to have something that is all natural and chemical free on her little tush and that her diapers aren’t going to be in a landfill for the next 400 years like mine… bonus – going cloth is going to save us a ton of money too!  If you’re considering cloth but not sure, you should read this post on our friend Elena’s blog.  She has become quite the pro when it comes to cloth diapering.

Share a few milestones that have occurred in month 4?  Well, we found out that we are having a girl, which was huge, and we hit the halfway point in the pregnancy!  Also, (I’m not sure if this would be considered a milestone), but we had a small scare with G’s glucose test.  The results came back showing that there was a chance that she could have gestational diabetes so she had to complete a 2nd 3-hour test to determine if she did or not.  Thankfully the second test came back showing that everything was normal and that she was perfectly healthy.  We were both really stressed about it and so relieved to get the good news!  

Have you felt baby girl move yet?  Yes!  I think?  The times that I’ve thought I felt Gracie move have been early in the morning and at night right before going to bed.  It seems that every time I get excited thinking that I felt something, G immediately says that it was just her shifting, or moving.  Hopefully we will soon feel something a little more definitive.  The good news is that my sis-in-law gave us a heart rate monitor so even though we have yet to feel a lot of movement, we at least get to hear baby girl :)      
What are you most looking forward to in the coming months?  I’m really excited for our next ultrasound appointment where we will get more pictures of the baby.  I love any opportunity to see her beautiful face.  I’m also eager to start on the nursery.  I think that the plan is to start choosing paint for the walls in the next week or two.

We’re 21 weeks tomorrow!

How your baby’s growing: 20 Weeks


Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now.  She’s also around 6 1/2 inches from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel – the length of a banana.  (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby’s legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the rump of her head to her bottom – the “crown to rump” measurement.  After 20 weeks, she’s measured from head to toe.)

She’s swallowing more these days, which is good practice for her digestive system.  She’s also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion.  This gooey substance will accumulate in her bowels, and you’ll see it in her first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...