Friday, November 18, 2011

Crock Pot Cookin: Green Chile Roast


Okay friends, this is seriously the easiest and fastest crock-pot recipe I’ve ever made and bonus – it’s super good too!  My new barometer for crock-pot success is whether or not preggers (aka Georgia) actual eats the entire meal.  I am happy to report that not only did she eat her green chile roast, she finished eating before me!  I was quite proud of myself :)  The ingredients are pretty basic and you have a lot of options when it comes to what kind of meal you want.  We went with green chile roast burritos but you can also do green chile roast tacos/tostados, roast on rice, green chile roast lettuce wraps… you get the idea.  It only took me about five minutes to put everything together and when I got home from work all I had to do was shred the meat with two forks and it was dinner time.  The total cost for the meal was approximately $13.00.  

If you give this recipe a go, let me know how it turns out!

What you’ll need ~


- 3lb beef or pork roast
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles (use the can to add half a can of water)
- 3/4 cup green chile
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Low carb tortillas

The fixings ~


Light sour cream - Diced tomatoes - Diced onions - Salsa - Reduced fat cheese

What to do ~


3 quart crock-pot 

1. Cut roast into 4 pieces

2. Spray the inside of your crock-pot with pam.  Add beef, Rotel tomatoes, water and green chile

3. Add garlic salt and pepper to taste then mix ingredients


4. Cook 10hrs/low or 5hrs/high (I forgot to add this important little detail when I originally post this… thanks for catching it Cissy!) 

and that’s it!  Easy right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...