Sunday, December 4, 2011

24 weeks & some baby Q&A


:: Georgia @ 24 weeks ::

According to G…

So you’re officially 6 months along – holy cow!  Can you believe it? It’s kinda crazy but exciting.  I can’t wait until baby girl is here so I can hold her and kiss her and to tell the truth, I can’t wait to have a ham and swiss sandwich from Dion’s… LOL

How did month 5 go?  Did anything exciting take place? Month 5 was great.  I felt good for the most part and I got to feel baby move for the first time.  She has not been cooperative at our ultrasound appointments but it doesn’t surprise me one bit… she is our little stinker after all.

What are you craving these days? My cravings are all over the place… but for sure I crave anything that makes Gracie move around, like pineapple. Sorry kid!

Are you nesting yet?  If so, what do you want to get done this month? I don’t think I’m nesting yet but I think it’s because we’ve continued to get things done long before it's needed so there's less pressure to nest.  I have to thank K for that!

The baby started moving in month 5.  How has that experience been for you?  It started off slow, which just made me want to feel her more, but now she’s moving all the time and I love it.  I can’t wait until she is bigger!

How is the baby prep going? Baby prep is going great.  We just entered month 6 and we already have the baby furniture, the room painted and decorations are rolling in.

Is your body feeling any different?  How so? My body doesn’t feel all that different but it does look different.  Things have shifted around in my mid-section and I won’t even begin to describe some of the other “things” that are unrecognizable. 
 
What do you look forward to most in month 6?  Getting to month 7… let’s do this already!

On to week 25!

How your baby’s growing: 24 Weeks


Your baby’s growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week.  That puts her at just over a pound.  Since she’s almost a foot long (the size of an ear of corn), she has a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she’ll soon start to plump up.  Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop.  Her lungs are developing “branches” of the respiratory “tree” as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world.  Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...