Friday, December 23, 2011

DIY Wall Art


I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – we have the most amazing friends and they sure do love to spoil Gracie :)  A couple of weeks ago our friend Becca gave us the cutest little owl wall decal for the nursery.  I wasn’t sure where we would put it but as the nursery started to come together we found the perfect spot.  The decal says Grow Wise Little Owl, so we thought what better place than over her bookshelf.  Once the decal was up, it looked so much smaller and like it needed a little something.  After many trips to Hobby Lobby and Michael’s I had an idea.  I decided to frame the decal using a backless farm wood rectangular frame.  The project was SUPER easy and it came out just as I envisioned! 

How to:  


Barn wood frame - Martha Stewart acrylic craft paint - sponge


Before painting the frame I cleaned the surface with warm water and a little soap to remove any oils.  It only took about five minutes to paint! 

   
This frame didn’t have any brackets for mounting so I added a few.


Because I was placing the glass back in the frame without the back piece I used rubber cement to secure it in place.

All done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...