Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I’m bringing crafty back

Once upon a time I was a crafter!  I scrapbooked, I modge podged, I did ceramics, stitching, photography; I made cards and jewelry… you get it.  Well, it’s been a good 7 years since I’ve done any of this (shocking, I know.)  It’s amazing how growing up and starting a career has a way of killing a persons craftiness.  With this in mind and with my little gal on the way, I’ve decided that I’m bringing crafty back! 

I started my first project last month with Gracie’s pregnancy scrapbook.  My friend Catherine was right – scrapbooking is like riding a bike, you never forget how!  I planned to do a page or two each month but that’s totally not what happened.  3 days and one very messy living room later I had nearly completed Gracie’s entire scrapbook.  I forgot how fun it was :)

My most recent project came about after putting the nursery bookcase together.  The bookcase came with some cute but somewhat boring pink bins for toys and such.  In my attempts to girly them up I headed to Hobby Lobby (otherwise know as the mothership!)  A few hair bows, some scissors, a needle and a little thread later and TADA --- super cute girly baby bins!!

Here’s what you’ll need: baby bins, hair bows, scissors, needle & thread  


Remove flowers from hair clips by hand or with scissors


Decide your flower placement and get stitching!



All 3 bins took only took about 45 minutes!  I love the way they turned out :)




The best part is that those little flowers are sewn on tight!  Gracie can pull on those suckers and they’re not going anywhere.  Happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...