Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DIY Flower Pens

My gosh, it has been a busy 2 weeks!  Over the past 14 days we have finished planning a baby shower, completed our birthing classes, worked 80 hours (x2), made several “poms” as well as about 60 flower pens.  Our baby shower was this past weekend and it was WONDERFUL!  I plan to post about that special day later but first I have some catching up to do.  I’m writing tonight from El Paso, Texas where I am currently stationed for a little business trip.  G is in ABQ attending a breastfeeding class, which I am so sad to miss.  Looking on the bright side – being held up in a hotel makes for good blogging time! 

As I mentioned, we just had our baby shower.  Our fabulous mamas hosted the blessed event and it was everything we thought it would be and more!  When we all got together to discuss the theme and ideas and such, I had one small request.  I really wanted to be a part of the crafting and décor making.  I myself have hosted baby showers for several friends over the years and I LOVE all of the creativity that is involved in celebrating the arrival of baby!  Luckily our moms agreed to let me help and from there the creative juices began to flow. 

I’ve always loved the idea of getting “mommy advice” from experienced moms so I thought that rather than just leaving pens on the tables with advice cards, we could make flower pens.  If you too like this idea and want to do the same, here’s how :)

Supplies Needed:


- Regular ballpoint pens
- Floral tape
- Silk flowers
- Wire cutters
- Flowerpots
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Ribbon           

How to:

1. Cut your flowers off the stem, leaving about 1 inch.



2. Remove (and discard) your pen lid.  Hold your flower next to your pen and use your floral tape to attach your flower to your pen.


3. Because floral tape can look translucent, wrap the tape around the pen to the ballpoint and then back up again to the flower.  Once you get to the flower, just rip the tape and press it against your pen until it sticks.



4. And that’s it!  You’re done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...