Wednesday, February 8, 2012

34 weeks & some baby Q&A


:: Georgia @ 34 weeks ::

Georgia has officially been pregnant for 240 days – wowzers!  If you ask her how long she’s been pregnant she will likely tell you, FOREVER!  She is feeling good but growing a bit tired of being prego.  The new thing these days is for her to wake up at 4am and pretty much be up from that point forward.  The other day I was up at 4am too (because she woke me) so we decided to make eggs and watch cartoons.  I know… we’re weirdos.

Here’s the latest according to G –

240 days… how’s that going?  Things are going good, I feel good most days and baby really seems to be growing fast now.  I still have over a month to go but everyday I definitely feel more ready.  I’m just doing my best to not think about giving birth right now… I’ll think about that when the day comes ;)

You seem to be getting your appetite back and you’ve even started eating chicken again!  Are you having any cravings or aversions in month 8?  I still can’t cut my chicken breast up but things don’t taste as weird and unsatisfying as they used to. I also feel like I can eat more even though I know I have less space in my tummy.  As for cravings… I guess I’ve had a bit of a sweet tooth.  I’ve been mainly craving ice cream.  Speaking of sweets, I finally finished an entire drink that was something other than water the other day.  I drank an entire sweet tea and it was so good!  

Anything exciting take place over these past 3 weeks?  We had our baby shower, which was so wonderful!!  It’s just great too see how loved Gracie is already and she’s not even here yet.  Over the past couple of weeks her movements have changed and are much more frequent.  I feel her all the time which is great because I worry less.  She always let’s me know when she’s up :)

How is baby prep going?  What’s left on your to-do list?  Baby prep is going great. I’d say we are way ahead of schedule but we do need to do one major deep cleaning before baby arrives.  I haven’t felt up to it but maybe my lady will start feelin it soon.  She did just go out and buy a new vacuum, lol!

What are you most looking forward to in the next month (aside from baby’s arrival of course)?  I’m looking forward to eating a ham and swiss sandwich from Dion’s once baby’s here!

Month 9, here we come!

How your baby’s growing: 34 Weeks


Your baby now weighs about 3 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long.  Her fat layers – which will help regulate her body temperature once she’s born – are filling her out, making her rounder.  Her skin is also smoother than ever.  Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well.  If you’ve been nervous about preterm labor, you’ll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine.  They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...