Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I’m kind of freaking out.

But before I tell you why I’m freaking out, check out this picture of Georgia lookin all cute at work. 
I LOVE that belly!
           

Well, we’re half way to 36 weeks folks.  Typing this makes me a bit nervous given the fact that 3 of our friends at work recently told us that they had their babies at 37 weeks – say WHAT?!  When they dropped this baby bomb on us they were so nonchalant about it.  They were like, “yeah, we had our babies at 37 weeks which could totally happen to you by the way."  I know it sounds bad to say I’m not ready… but I’m not ready.  Not yet anyway.  We still need to deep clean the house, take our baby basics class, get the diaper sprayer, set up baby’s bassinet in the master bedroom, add about 500 bucks to the baby fund, get the car seat and hang Gracie’s curtains.  I’m sure I’m forgetting some important things that need to get done but even that short “to-do” list keeps me up at night!  Grace, please give your moms at least 3 more weeks!  Thank you honey :)

We are at the point in the pregnancy where we have to see our OB once a week and today was the first of the once a week appointments.  Georgia gained a pound bringing her total weight gain to 1.5lbs and the baby is measuring right on track, which is great news!  They checked to see if G is dilated at all and thankfully she is not – praise Jesus!  My poor lady had to get a shot that I too have to get next week and let me just tell you… that needle was NOT small.  Apparently, there were quite a few cases of whooping cough in NM last year so it is recommended that all adults who will spend a good amount of time around a newborn baby get the pertussis vaccine. When it comes to vaccines for baby Grace, we also really want to limit the amount of vaccinations she gets in her first 6 months. We know how important vaccinations are but we also know that some are unnecessary at such a young age and ultimately we can wait until Grace is a little bigger and can better handle all the pokes.

Overall, things seem to be moving right along and I have no doubt that the next month is going to come and go in the blink of an eye, which is precisely the reason I’m kind of freaking out.  I’ll have to remember to breathe, just breathe.    

How your baby’s growing: 35 Weeks


Your baby doesn’t have much room to maneuver now that she’s over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about as heavy as a honeydew melon).  Because it’s so snug in your womb, she isn’t likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same.  Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products.  Most of her basic physical development is now complete – she’ll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...