Sunday, March 25, 2012

2 Week Check-Up


Wednesday was Gracie’s 2 week check-up and she is doing great!  Since our last pediatrician appointment on 3/12 she has grown an inch and her weight jumped from 6.42lbs to 7.2lbs.  Our pediatrician is amazing and spent nearly an hour with us getting to know as much as possible about Gracie and answering our 20+ questions about belly button care.  We had a bit of a scare on Monday while changing baby girl’s diaper.  Her belly button looked a little inflamed and like it may have been infected.  At the appointment our doc took a closer look and assured us that her belly was just fine and that her umbilical cord was getting ready to fall off.  She was right – it fell off that night and scared the hell out of me!  I was changing her diaper in our room and when I opened the diaper I saw a little black thing roll down on to her leg and I didn’t know what the heck it was.  I let out a shriek and yelled for Georgia.  When I realized that it was just her umbilical cord I got emotional because I couldn’t believe that she had already reached this milestone.

Gracie got her first shot at this appointment and I think it was harder on us than it was on her.  One of the nurses administered the shot and you could clearly see when our little stinker felt the sting of the needle.  She let out the biggest scream and cried for a few minutes.  Both G and me held her and gave her a ton of kisses but all she really needed was some time to calm down.  We had prepared a bottle and fed her an ounce.  The feeding did the trick and she was just fine. 

We won’t have another pediatrician appointment for several weeks but we will have plenty of other appointments in the meantime.  We meet with our plastic surgeon again in April to go over the details of the surgery and what to expect with recovery.  Following our last appointment with our surgeon we were given Gracie’s surgery date, July 18th!  With her steady weight gain and good health our doctor decided that 4.5 months is the best time to operate.  
The countdown has officially begun.   


On a side note, I find myself dressing baby girl in more and more pink these days and I’m not even doing it on purpose.  We received (and continue to receive) a ton of cute pink baby clothes and we can’t resist dressing her in all of it.  She is just so pretty in pink!  Here are a few more pictures of our little one the day of her check up. :)





4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog--congrats on your gorgeous baby girl! :) I'll try to keep up from here on out--I'm right behind you so it'll be great to know what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, those shoes in that last picture!!! I die!!! So cute. Second, I love to read your baby posts. Your personality totally comes through and some things are so comical and others make me tear up. You guys are great mamas. She's so precious and I can feel how much you love her in every one of your posts. I'm glad you got through the first, very scary, couple of weeks! It just gets more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cissy! You're a mom so I know I don't have to explain to you how great the past 3 weeks have been!! It's a love that I couldn't have understood until she came into our lives. Thank you for following our journey - crazy to think that it's really just beginning :)

    Hi Isa, it's so nice to meet you and congratulations on your baby! I will be sure to visit your blog!

    - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those shoes are just too cute! That is also really wonderful to hear about how Miss Gracie's pediatrician spent so much time with you both . She's a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...