Sunday, March 4, 2012

We’re 38 weeks and P.S.…

Nesting is a bitch. ;)  If you don’t believe me just ask my wife.  I’m fairly certain that she’s ready to smother me with a pillow but the thing is, I can’t make myself sit down when there is so much to do.  Don’t get me wrong, G is a trooper and helps around the house a lot.  I’m actually shocked at what she is still up and doing 16 days before baby is due.   Last night she made delicious grilled streaks and baked potatoes for dinner while I sat on the couch for a bit (best wife ever award).  The routine seems to be that as long as whatever she is doing in the house doesn’t require her to stand for more than 30 minutes, she is ok.  I on the other hand have been pushing myself a bit too much on the weekends and as a result I feel exhausted the rest of the time.

The thing that seems to be driving G the most nuts is that I can’t seem to just sit and relax with her for long periods of time anymore.  She has given up on watching movies with me because as she puts it, “you say you’re going to the bathroom and 30 minutes later I find you in another room working on some new project”, hehe!  She is also over my endless mini projects.  A few days ago I decided that I would spend the afternoon cleaning the kitchen cabinets because they looked dusty and before I knew it the refrigerator was completely empty and condiments and food were out all over the place.  When she walked into the room I gave her the “don’t kill me” face and she just went back to what she was doing.  Regardless of how OCD it must have looked for me to gut the fridge while I was in the middle of 2 other projects, it’s a damn good thing I did!  Think about when you last checked the dates on all of your condiments in the fridge?  I would venture to say that it’s been awhile.  I’m ashamed to admit this but I found some condiments in our fridge that expired in 2008!!!  Gross!  Looking at these dates is just not something a normal person checks (who isn’t a crazy nester).  I always figured that we would use all of something well before it expired… I guess I was wrong.


Here are just a few of the things that were expired in our fridge… eww.

What I really need to do is take my auntie Maine’s advice.  When I talked to her last weekend and told her about all we were doing at the house she told me to stop and rest.  I tried to explain why we needed to be so busy and she cut me off and said, “No, you girls need to rest right now.”  I’m sure she is right… I’m also sure that Gracie could careless if the kitchen cabinets are dust free or if we’ve cleaned under the beds so we could probably both chill out just a little.  I made the mistake of putting my foot in my mouth with the wife the other day during one of my cleaning marathons.  The conversation went a little bit like this:

Me: So I was talking to Stephen at work on Thursday and he said that when him and Leslie were about 37 weeks pregnant they were crazy nesters.

G: (Pretending to be interested in what I was saying) oh he did?

Me: Yeah, Stephen said that they would clean morning to night and that Leslie just could not rest until every square inch of their house was spotless.

Me: When do you think you’ll get like that?

G: (Gives me the – oh no you didn’t look) and proceeds to leave the room…

I know, I know!  What was I thinking saying something like that to my nearly 10 months prego wife?!  I’ve been known to say stupid things but this took the cake.  Let’s just say that she yelled a little and proceeded to freeze me out for several hours while she mopped the house and did ALL the laundry.  Sorry honey and thanks for everything you do.   The good news is that I didn’t have to spend too much time in the doghouse ;)

Let’s see what brainless things I do in week 38!

How you baby’s growing: 38 Weeks


Your baby has really plumped up.  She weighs about 6.8 pound and she’s over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek).  She has a firm grasp, which you’ll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time!  Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby’s eyes will be?  You may not be able to tell right away.  If she’s born with brown eyes, they’ll likely stay brown.  If she’s born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel or brown by the time she’s 9 months old.  That’s because a child’s irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she’s born, but they usually won’t get “lighter” or more blue.  (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than grey or blue eyes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...