Friday, April 6, 2012

I can sew!


It’s true, I really can!  My mom came over last night for our first official sewing lesson.  This is something that we have been planning to do since me and G found out that we were expecting but life got a little too hectic so it didn’t happen until now!  I really wanted Gracie’s Easter basket to be my first project because for one, I knew it would be fairly simple but I also wanted to make her a special Easter basket because my mom always made us beautiful baskets growing up.  For a “simple” project it did take a couple of hours, but it came out so cute.  Thanks ma, I look forward to session #2!


  

Gracie enjoyed watching Mama sew :)



I love how it came out!

Aside from learning to sew we’ve been knee deep in birthday season!  Between G’s family and mine, nearly everyone celebrates their birthday over a 4 week period between March and April.  My brother, Angela, George, Rudy, Gracie and Georgia all have their birthday during this month block so as you can imagine – it’s a crazy couple of weeks.  Here are a few pictures of some of the birthday parties!  Happy birthday x 6!



Grandpa George’s birthday party!





Nani and all of her grandkids!


Baby girl and her GREAT, GREAT Grandma Chris :)


 

P.S. Gracie had her first snow day this week (in April).  Only in NM… 

1 comment:

  1. the basket turned out great! Congrats on learning to sew--it's really fun to look at stuff that costs a ton and think, 'hey, I could make that! And it'd be even cuter!' Happy birthday to everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...