Sunday, April 22, 2012

So LOVED.

This is the best way I can describe the past 6 weeks.  I was just telling Georgia that I don’t think we’ve ever had so many visitors in all of our years together.  We have had meals prepared for us, lunch dates, play dates and have made so many new memories since the arrival of Grace.  It’s funny, we all love our friends and family, but you experience a new kind of love when you see the people who are important to you loving your baby.  It’s awesome.


G’s BFF’s/our work peeps came to meet baby and brought us lunch – Dion’s (YUM)!

The past 6 weeks have flown by and I can’t believe that I have to go back to work in 24 days… it makes me want to cry just thinking about it.  I’m especially nervous about going back to work after surviving a week like this past one.  We are pretty sure that baby girl is going through a growth spurt because she is hungry all the time (I’m talking feedings every 2 hours people!) and she has been sleeping like she did during the first 2 weeks we were home. We weren’t sure what was going on early in the week because all of a sudden we had a super cranky baby on our hands.  She would start fussing (and she’s not normally a fussy baby) despite the fact that her diaper was clean, she was fed and had napped.  Quickly we discovered that she was just starving much more often.  Thank God for websites like babycenter.com.  This site is often my point of reference for things like this!

Our visitors are definitely helping take my mind off of my return to work.  This past week, we had a very special visitor – Grace met her uncle Dean for the first time!  Dean, Chris and Debbie came into town for almost a week to meet Gracie.  After 5 long weeks of waiting, Dean was so excited to meet his niece!  I’m beyond happy that they got to spend so much time cuddling.  We had a pretty action packed 5 days that included a trip to Santa Fe, the usual hair dying day, lots of restaurants and we visited Corrales for Georgia’s birthday.  Yes, that’s right, G turned the big 3-4!  What better way to celebrate than ringing in a new year with brother bear and some great friends?!


I feel like we were just celebrating G’s 33rd birthday and I just know that in the blink of an eye we are going to be celebrating Gracie’s first birthday too!  I don’t want to miss anything… maybe that’s why I take so many pictures! :)

And speaking of pictures… here are a few more from the past week ~

:: Visiting Santa Fe ::


:: Happy birthday to Georgia ::


:: Gracie passed her hearing test ::


Because Grace passed we don’t have to test again for a year!


Happy Earth Day friends!  We’re off to Home Depot!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Georgia! Christie and I were just trying to figure out the other day how young you were. Let me tell you, it is super reassuring every time I hear of someone in their 30s getting pregnant. I have lots of friends who have, but still there's all that fear mongering out there about being of "advanced maternal age." Seeing friends get pregnant within a normal time range and have healthy pregnancies in their 30s gives me reassurance that Christie shouldn't have any issues being 37 and trying to get pregnant.

    Also- yay for baby girl's hearing test!

    ~Abby

    p.s. I'm really craving Dion's now that you mentioned it! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby! I can remember how overwhelming it was to hear all the statistics regarding pregnancy when we were trying. It was so discouraging that we decided to focus our attention on the possibilities! My advice is to have Christie start fertility acupuncture as soon as possible! Georgia didn’t start acupuncture until we were 18 months into trying and 2 months later she was pregnant!

    ~ Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...