Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother’s Day Weekend

What a wonderful weekend!  Our first Mother’s Day started with the greatest surprise ever – my little sis came into town to spend the weekend with us.  Missy lives in Vancouver and usually only makes it home 1-2 times a year, so to have her visit twice in 2 months was such an awesome surprise!  G and me began the weekend with our first date since the arrival of Gracie.  I was a bit nervous because up until Friday, Grace hadn’t spent more than an hour away from either of us since she was born.  Grandma and grandpa volunteered to babysit so that we could go and see Avengers and she did great.  So good in fact, they wanted her to spend the night!  While I’m sure Gracie will one day LOVE to have sleepovers, I don’t think either of us will be ready for that anytime soon! ;)
Saturday we had a family day at our casa so the house was crazy busy!  The boys came over after their basketball games with auntie Missy and Nani and ran around like a wild pack of animals.  The bigger Rudy and Devin get the more I realize that we will need a bigger house before having any more kiddos!  We all had so much fun playing together and getting ready for Mother’s Day.  Even Gracie stayed awake because she didn’t want to miss any of the action and because she has become a cat napper!  Our little lady is no longer a sleep all day baby.

Sunday was our first Mother’s Day and it couldn’t have been more perfect.  We started the day with brunch at Church St. Cafe in Old Town joined by the whole family.  I can honestly say that I was more excited for Mother’s Day than I was for Christmas!  Motherhood is a club that Georgia and I have longed to be a part of for the nearly 3 years that it took to get our beautiful baby girl here.  This is all that I could think about all day.  I just felt so grateful and blessed to be this sweet girl’s mama.  God is good.

Here are a few more pictures of our day ~


And behold my 1st Mother’s Day gift – a Pandora charm bracelet with a beautiful baby girl and owl charm.  Thank you babe, I love it.


1 comment:

  1. super cool pics and awesome bracelet for mother's day...sounds like it was a WINNER! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...