Monday, June 4, 2012

Trying to get organized…

Notice I said trying.  I’m not nearly as good at this as I would like to be.  I was just talking to G about how I never realized how much household things we used to get done in the evenings until we no longer had the time to do them.  As two working moms the last thing we want to do when we get home is the dishes considering we usually only have around 3 hours with Gracie before she goes to bed.  So often times we don’t.  There is always at least 2 loads of laundry that need to be done, dishes, yard work, grocery shopping, etc. and whenever we get around to cleaning the front rooms of the house the back rooms are in need of some serious attention.  In short… I need a housekeeper or at least a personal assistant. 

I’m often told by friends who are parents that you have to just learn to be ok with doing what you can and that no matter how much you do, there will always be more that needs to be done.  I guess I just feel like I could do better or that at minimum I could be more organized.  So that’s where I decided to start and the area most in need of a little organization was Grace’s room.  Because Grace arrived 2 weeks early her room wasn’t completely finished.  Fast-forward 3 months and there are still shelves sitting in her crib that need to be hung and up until yesterday her closet was a total mess.  There were baby clothes in the living room, in bags and in the laundry room. Sizes were mixed together and little baby shoes were in every room of the house!  I decided to start by packing up all her newborn clothes that no longer fit, which was a totally emotional experience.  Who knew we could grow so attached to baby PJ’s and little socks. 


Goodbye teenie tiny baby clothes ::tear::

Once I packed Gracie’s newborn clothes I was on a roll.  I finished her laundry, sized everything, hung her itty-bitty outfits and organized everything else this little fashionista of ours has to wear in the coming months!  It may not seem like a big “to-do” but her closet is now finished and that’s one thing I can scratch off the list!  So behold my daughter's beautiful closet!

0-3 month attire complete with shoes and accessories. :)


3-6 and 6-12 month clothes.  She’ll be in these threads before we know it!


Now on to the other rooms of the house... wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. You are so organized! Everything looks great. :) I stumbled across your blog and just thought I'd leave a quick comment.

    Kayla
    kayandliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kayla, thanks for stopping by! I look forward to visiting your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving & removing.g clothes has been a never ending task with us & now my boys are in 2 different sizes, ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, with 3 boys I can’t even imagine! I wrote this post less than a month ago and last night I was back in baby girl’s room packing up the cloth diapers she grew out of last week and re-organizing baby clothes once again! With 3 kiddos, how do you stay on top of it? I’m all for any and all tips I can get from experienced parents!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...