Or in my case, several times a day. This parenting thing is no joke. Just when you feel like you’ve gotten the hang of things you’re thrown a curveball. Just this month alone I have learned so much.
I’ve learned that…
· If you spend all your time washing baby cloths you will find yourself pulling skirts out of the hamper to wear to work.
· Drinking more than 2 glasses of wine just because your kiddo fell asleep early is never a good idea. The earlier they fall asleep, the earlier they wake up in the AM. Ouch.
· When you’ve had a busy baby day it is easier to grab take-out for dinner BUT if you do this often enough – your ass will get bigger. Trust me.
· Always wait until the last minute to get dressed for work that is unless you enjoy discovering you have spit up on your boob at 4pm following a department meeting.
· If you wash your cloth diapers in Tide Free & Gentle they will no longer absorb and you’ll be stuck washing pee-covered sheets multiple times a week. “All natural”… yeah right!
· Blogging is a perfectly good use of naptime and/or your lunch hour at work. It’s amazing what you can get done in 60 minutes.
· It is possible to function on 3 hours of sleep.
· Babies totally pick up on your energy. Me and G had a tough 2 days and it turned Gracie girl into one grumpy babe.
· If you’re going to an important event pack 2 or even 3 outfits. The more important the occasion, the higher likelihood your child will pee, poop or spit up on what they are wearing.
I’ve also learned that it is possible for a baby to get cuter every month. ;)