Sunday, June 24, 2012

You learn something new everyday…


Or in my case, several times a day.  This parenting thing is no joke.  Just when you feel like you’ve gotten the hang of things you’re thrown a curveball.  Just this month alone I have learned so much.

I’ve learned that…

·       If you spend all your time washing baby cloths you will find yourself pulling skirts out of the hamper to wear to work.
·       Drinking more than 2 glasses of wine just because your kiddo fell asleep early is never a good idea.  The earlier they fall asleep, the earlier they wake up in the AM.  Ouch.
·       When you’ve had a busy baby day it is easier to grab take-out for dinner BUT if you do this often enough – your ass will get bigger.  Trust me.
·       Always wait until the last minute to get dressed for work that is unless you enjoy discovering you have spit up on your boob at 4pm following a department meeting.
·       If you wash your cloth diapers in Tide Free & Gentle they will no longer absorb and you’ll be stuck washing pee-covered sheets multiple times a week.  “All natural”… yeah right!  
·       Blogging is a perfectly good use of naptime and/or your lunch hour at work.  It’s amazing what you can get done in 60 minutes.   
·       It is possible to function on 3 hours of sleep.
·       Babies totally pick up on your energy.  Me and G had a tough 2 days and it turned Gracie girl into one grumpy babe.
·       If you’re going to an important event pack 2 or even 3 outfits.  The more important the occasion, the higher likelihood your child will pee, poop or spit up on what they are wearing.

I’ve also learned that it is possible for a baby to get cuter every month. ;)   

4 comments:

  1. So much to learn, right ?
    OMG that smile. and that last picture in the box is too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously! When I think about all the things I thought I knew before Grace was born it’s laughable. I really thought that by watching every documentary available on parenting and reading I would be ready. Not so much. What I have learned is that 95% of mothering involves on the job training.

      Thank goodness for blogs like yours! Knowing what to expect in the coming years is certainly helpful. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your list because it's oh so true!
    And I had to chuckle a LITTLE since my kids are older and
    we're mostly done with all of those things. :) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I had to laugh at myself while writing this post. I really could have added about 20 other lessons I’ve learned because they manifest daily.

      I would love to hear some of the wisdom you’ve gathered raising Elementary age kiddos! ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...