Yesterday we took Grace on her first of many trips up North to Penasco, NM. This little mountain town is a very special place for Georgia’s family and I just happen to love it up there too. It is green and peaceful and absolutely beautiful year-round. G’s parents and grandparents are from Penasco and many of her aunts, uncles and cousins still live there. We headed up for a baby shower but ended up making a day of it and didn’t get home until 10pm as tired as ever. For our first visit we made several stops to see family, we wine tasted at Black Mesa Winery and had the most AMAZING dinner at El Paragua Restaurant just North of Santa Fe. Seriously, if you are ever in the area you must eat at this place ~ it’s deliciouso!
Both of Georgia’s parents have homes in Penasco and George regularly spends about half his time at his home away from home nestled in the Mountains. Georgia has told me so many stories of the times she spent there as a kid and I can’t wait for us to take baby girl camping, fishing and hiking in Penasco. I just know she is going to love it as much as we do.
Here are a few more pictures of our visit ~
1 down, 13 to go!
1. Take baby girl swimming for the first time
2. Go to a Music Together family music class
3. Visit the Public Library to get Gracie her very own library card
4. Take Gracie to her first Little Gym class
5. Go on a picnic at a park we’ve never visited
7. Visit grandma and grandpa’s Senior Center
8. Begin baby sign language lessons
9. Take Gracie to Toddler Time at ¡Explora!
10. Visit a city park to take baby girl swinging
11. Spend an afternoon visiting the Nature Center
12. Take a Gymboree Play & Learn class
13. Complete an art project with Gracie
14. Visit the Botanical Gardens