Friday, August 24, 2012

This kid of mine…

Is 100% unpredictable at the moment!  It all started about 2 weeks ago, right around the time that we introduced solids.  She went from sleeping through the night (well, 8:30pm-6am with one sleepy bottle in-between) to suddenly waking up starving at 3am.  Let me just say that when you’ve become accustom to sleeping soundly until 6am and suddenly you have a squirmy baby waking in the middle of the night, it makes you want to cry just a little bit.  Not only has this kid of mine decided to start waking at the crack of dawn, she has also decided that when awake at 3am why not just stay awake.  We finally had a “show-down” with baby girl 3 nights ago following a 3am bottle and a very much awake baby.  When I was done feeding her I laid her down in her play yard and told myself – “no matter what she does, I’m going to let her self-soothe and fall asleep”.  Fast forward 20 minutes, Gracie is crying her eyes out, my head is under a pillow and G is pissed because she doesn’t understand why we aren’t just picking her up.  I’m sure you all can guess what happened next… I lost the “show-down” and Gracie spent the rest of the night snuggled between her moms.  Thankfully, it has been 3 days and she hasn’t done this since. 


In addition to the change in her sleeping pattern, her bedtime has gone off-kilter as well.  I’ve heard from several parents that sleeping patterns often change every couple of months but for us, the 8:30pm bedtime had become a solid pattern for Grace for quite a while.  Again, around 2 weeks ago this all changed.  She used to fall asleep on the way home from grandma and grandpa’s and would nap for around 30 minutes before waking for reading time, “dinner” and playtime followed by bedtime at 8:30pm.  Now, she no longer has an evening nap and goes to bed at 8pm some nights, 8:30pm other nights and has stayed up until 9pm on several occasions!  What the heck is going on here?   

I’ve read about this happening on a few blogs and got some insight in my FB mommy chat room and seems as though we can blame the FOOD for all of this craziness.  Prior to experiencing this for myself I had never heard of solids having such an impact on a baby.  You learn something new everyday, I guess.  We are now on day 3 of food #4 and I have some super cute food photos and video to share soon.  If only I could find some time to sit down and write the darn post.  I feel it’s going to be a long one. 

But for now, please prepare yourself for some extreme cuteness ----->  








It’s a good thing she’s cute ;)

6 comments:

  1. Who wouldn't want to snuggle with that cutie?!!

    Kids definitely keep us on our toes. I always tell new parents to not get comfortable. Ever. lol As soon as there seems to be a patterns or set routine, it'll change. Especially during the first couple of years. "WTH" will come out of your mouths quite often. :) Who am I kidding? Our girls are 5 and 3 and they still like to mess with us.

    There's a really cool group on FB you should join. Families Created by Love. :) I can add you if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacy! Im slowly learning just how right you are! It's just so crazy how much she changes every month...

    I would love to join your FB group. Do I just email you my info? If so, what's your email address?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only consistent thing in life is change !
    SERIOUSLY !
    Sounds to me like little miss is going through some changes....she might be growing....hitting milestones....or her little brain is learning so much that she just can't keep it all straight and forgets that she had a routine that worked out nicely for her moms ;-)
    Have faith. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that's what it is too. It is funny to me that as a parent I find myself getting set in routines when she does something for as little as 2 weeks. I need to wrap my head around the idea of not getting used to anything because chances are, it will change and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds exactly like me every few months. Just when you think you're in a routine, these babies change it up! Our girls were fantastic sleepers from very early on, so when the sleep regression hit, we became quite discouraged. That's what I always remind myself. We're currently dealing with sleep issues with Teagan. She's been up almost every night for the last two weeks. We're exhausted! As KJ said, 'this too shall pass'....for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine how you all are functioning considering you experience all of these same changes x2! I can handle a lot of things but lack of sleep really does a number on me. She's been much better this weekend so I'm hoping we're getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...