Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Exhausted.

Correction – beyond exhausted.  I’m not sure what’s going on with my sweet baby girl, but lately she has been sleeping like a wild child.  This lack of sleep all began about a week ago around the time we introduced oatmeal.  On day one Grace did great!  She ate all of her oatmeal like a champ and LOVED it!  Not only did she love it, but she went on to sleep 12 hours straight.  It was glorious.  That was day one… since then things have changed just a bit.  At first we noticed that her poopie diapers were happening less often and she wasn’t letting us put her down after falling asleep at night like she normally does.  When we would try and put her down she would instantly wake up and began crying.  Our solution – let her sleep with us.  She then slept with us on day 2 and day 3 because that was the only time she seemed remotely comfortable.  By day 4 she was waking every 2 hours throughout the night crying at the top of her lungs.

After doing a little research we thought maybe she was just going through a growth spurt, all the while continuing to feed her oatmeal every night.  With all of the other foods that we’ve introduced we phased them in 3-4 days at a time but with cereal we just began giving it to her for dinner.  We never thought anything as simple as oatmeal would upset her little tummy.  Gracie’s nights continued to be hard on her so last night we decided to cut oatmeal out of her diet to see if she slept any better.  Well, she didn’t at first.  She woke at 12:30am, then again at 3:00am.  I woke up at 6am to the sound of her crying in the living room with G.  We did a little leg exercise on the couch to see if it would relieve some of the pressure in her tummy and boy did it ever!  Baby girl finally began releasing gas and I’m talkin tons-o-gas!  We were able to put her in bed with us around 6:30am and she slept until G headed to work at 9:30am.  Here’s hoping that we’ve gone through the worst of it and the little stinker will began to feel better soon.

Have any of you ever experienced this with cereal or oatmeal?  A few friends from my mommy chat room said that oatmeal and cereal can cause constipation and that mixing in fruit, veggies or prune juice helps.  To be honest, I’m scared to even try oatmeal again given the past 5 days… Since cutting off the oatmeal yesterday she’s started going poop and went 4 times just today.  I guess she was pretty backed up.  Her poor tush is bright red. :(

In happier news, we’ve started family night with my family every other week and I’m loving it.  Because my mom works full time (as do we) and it seems every weekend is booked with to-do’s, we’ve started setting aside one afternoon or evening twice a month to get together with my mom, brother, sister-in-law, nephews and niece to have dinner, grill, watch my nephews football games or just hang out at my moms.

Here's a few picture from our last 2 family nights ~  

Look at me mom!  I finally have enough hair for a bow!
I could watch these little gals play all day :)
Loving on Nani!
I'm so glad Grace let's us dress her in all sorts of fun accessories.  So cute!
Devin was super nervous to hold baby girl.  Can you tell?
Cousins :)
Must.Nap.Soon!
Devin giving Gracie kisses.  He LOVES her so much!

6 comments:

  1. GREAT family tradition. How fun !
    I can only say that the only thing consistent with little people is change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping you're right! Any change from what's been going on this past week is more than welcome! Grace did much better last night, thank god!

      Delete
  2. Poor mamas. It's rough. The only thing that kept Asher from sleeping food wise was watermelon. Weird. I have hear of the sleep regression at about this age though. Maybe that's part of it?
    Family night sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watermelon, hmm? We have yet to try that so we shall see. I read a bit about sleep regression yesterday and it does seem to happen at 6-7 months so I think that's a contribution.

      I'm loving the pictures of Asher. He is adorable!

      Delete
  3. As soon as you start getting comfortable they decide to change. *sigh* It doesn't really end. :)
    But on the positive side....ummmm.... oh yeah, as soon as you start going completely nuts most times they'll even out again. I think it's some sort of torture method to let us know that we're really not in charge. :)

    Good luck! Love the family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're at the "evening out" phase. I hope so anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...