Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pumpkin Patch


This past weekend we took baby girl to her first pumpkin patch and had such a great time!  I think we all have our “parenting bucket list”, you know that list of things you imagine taking your kiddo to before they’re even born?  Well, taking my baby to the pumpkin patch is something I’ve dreamt of doing since my “biological clock” first started ticking 3 years ago.  Visiting McCall’s Pumpkin Patch has been a tradition of ours for years, however me and G have always gone with friends at night to do the more “grown-up” stuff like the Pumpkin Patch Corn Maze of Terror!  This visit was 100% different then our previous “grown-up” visits but equally fun. :)



We met up with all of our friends with kids and Gracie ended up being the youngest of the bunch by several years.  They were all so great with Grace but Jaden was by far the best “baby-sitter” of the bunch.  She wanted to sit right next to Gracie all day.  She held her on the pumpkin jumper and held her baby pumpkin for her on the hayride!  What a good little helper.


I was amazed with all the awesome stuff they had for kids and to be completely honest, after years of visiting McCall’s I had no idea there was even a kids play area…

There was a farm animal petting section.


A darling little bunny community complete with a Hare Salon and houses.


There was a “tractor” obstacle course, a corn cannon and slides.  That’s G in the green getting her butt kicked, lol!


The food was YUM but I think the hayride and pumpkin patch were my favorite!  We rode out to the fields as a group at the end of the day to pick our pumpkins and baby girl did awesome on the ride over.  We ended up finding a lovely little pumpkin for the babe and a nice wart covered pumpkin for me!


Aside from what I now lovingly refer to as, “the stroller FAIL of 2012”, it was such a great day!  Here’s a TIP for any parents out there planning to take their baby to a pumpkin patch this year: do NOT take your stroller into the corn maze!!!  You will inevitably get stuck in mud and find yourself carrying your POS stroller through half the damn maze AND if you have our luck your child will decide to take a giant dump mid-maze while you’re busy carrying said stroller… With that being said, I’ll leave you with this picture.


My wife during "Stroller FAIL 2012".  She's a weird one - gotta love her. ;)

4 comments:

  1. Besides the stroller fail part. Which I think turned into a win with that picture of your wife. Everything looks like SO much fun.
    I love that first picture of the wee one. Cute cute hat.

    Great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such gorgeous pictures! happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna! Happy Fall to you too!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...