Sunday, October 7, 2012

Crock Pot Cookin: Taco Pasta


Crock Pot season has officially arrived and not a moment too soon!  Today when I stepped outside to get the mail I could feel the crisp fall air, which to me means only one thing – it’s Crock Pot season ya’ll.  I wouldn’t say that I’m obsessed with Crock Pot cooking but I will say that I absolutely LOVE it.  What’s not to love about trying new recipes, putting something warm in your family’s belly during those cold fall and winter months and last but no least, tossing a bunch of delicious ingredients in a pot and coming home from work to a dinner that’s made and ready to eat!

If you’re a new follower of my bloggy blog and this is your first season of “Crock Pot Cookin” with us, allow me to give you a little background.  I shared my first CP recipe back in November of 2010 and have shared about a dozen since.  The recipes I post come from all sorts of places.  Some are family recipes I grew up with.  Some are creations that I throw together and others are recipes found online and adjusted to my liking.  I prefer to cook food that has a bit of a kick so you’ll find that the ingredients often include chile, peppers or salsa of some kind.  The spicier the better!

My wife made the special request for this dish a few weeks ago and I’m happy to report that she thought it was YUM! 

What you’ll need ~


- 16oz. pasta shells
- 1 (15oz.) can of kidney beans
- 1 (14.5oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1lb. lean ground beef
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 packets of McCormick taco seasoning
- 1 (15oz.) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup green chile
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Garlic sauce for taste
- 1 cup of water
- Shredded Mexican/Fiesta cheese
- Fat free sour cream


What to do ~

1. Saut√© chopped onions and lean ground beef in large skillet until brown.  Once beef mixture is cooked, drain and pour in Crock Pot.


2. Add kidney beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning, garlic, green chile, tomato sauce and water to Crock Pot.  Sprinkle with garlic salt and stir well.

3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours stirring occasionally.

4. Cook pasta according to the directions on the box.  Once beef mixture is cooked stir in pasta and serve with cheese and sour cream.

5. Enjoy!

Plan to do some Crock Pot Cookin this fall/winter?  Below are links to a few of my favorite recipes posted over the past two years.  If you try one I would love to hear how it turns out! Happy CP cooking. :)


8 comments:

  1. that looks so good!! we're coming over! :)

    But really, in December we'll be down south and may spend some time in Santa Fe and/or Taos if you want to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you guys make it out to Santa Fe it would be so much fun to hang out! Just let me know. :)

      Delete
  2. That looks so yummy.
    I need to start crockpotting it. Especially now that it's getting cold outside.
    mmmmm. chili sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was delicious and super filling. If you have any recipes please share. I always like to try new ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love CP cooking! I am going to have to check out your others! Also, the monthly photos of Grace in the sidebar is SO CUTE and CLEVER! Going to have to add you to my blog roll for recipes and baby cuteness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, thanks so much for the comment! I look forward to following you as well. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...