Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Year Three


Today I am thankful for so many things.  I am thankful that I woke up this morning to the realization that Barack Obama has been re-elected as the President of the United States!  I am thankful that today we celebrated our 8th month of being mamas to the most beautiful baby girl on earth AND I am thankful that today Georgia and I also celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.  Pretty great day, right?!

I’ve often heard that in the end it’s the little things that keep a marriage together and I couldn’t agree more.  My wife is amazing when it comes to the little things.  Whether it’s getting me water before bed because she knows I get thirsty at night, or allowing me to ride “shotgun” where ever we go because I like to people watch.  Things like sitting at the dinner table to keep me company even when she’s finished eating, or willingly watching Friends every.single.night because she knows it’s my favorite show.  She is amazing at the day-to-day, I love you’s like getting up early with baby on Sunday mornings so I can get an extra hour of sleep, or rounding up the dogs when she knows they’re making me crazy.  She is the kind of wife who says, “you’re beautiful” even when I’m sick and know I look horrible.  She is the kind of wife who says I love you at the end of every conversation no matter how short.  She is the kind of wife who listens to me vent about work even when she has had a tough day too.  She is supportive, she is kind, she is nurturing, she is beautiful and she is mine.  How lucky am I?!

Three years came and went in the blink of an eye.  On this night three years ago, we were dancing the night away with our friends and family in beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mexico and tonight we’re having a quiet evening at home with take-out and one very adorable, sleepy baby.  I feel so blessed right now that I can feel my heart is full. 

Happy anniversary my wife.  Thank you for loving me.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope you both had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We both had to work but we had a relaxing evening. It sure did beat getting a sitter and eating in a stuffy restaurant! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post!! You two look amazing together and the love you share is so evident. Gracie is incredibly lucky to have you two as her moms.

    And I think we know every Friends episode by heart too!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, that is so sweet of you to say, thank you! We feel pretty lucky to be Gracie’s mamas too. I must admit, I absolutely LOVE Friends. I’ve watched every episode about a hundred times… There is something about lighthearted comedy (and Hottie McHotterson, Jennifer Aniston) that keeps me coming back, lol!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely Lovely.
    Ours is Will and Grace and J hates them. :)
    Happy Anniversary Ladies !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K! Will and Grace is a very close 2nd favorite. On a funny side note, our favorite boy name is Will or William. We’ve decided that if we do one day have a boy, his name will likely be Will.

      A two mom family with a "Will and Grace" is beyond ironic, haha!

      Delete
    2. Ok I love that. William is a GREAT name.

      I also forgot to add....
      That was a lot of boobs in those wedding dresses girls.
      I think I hit publish too fast :) but it must be said.
      Hope you had a great day !


      Delete
    3. Bahaha! You got that right! I was about 25lbs heavier at our wedding than I am now but who am I kidding... I've had these boobs since the 7th grade! LOL!

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! Happy Anniversary, guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the best one yet. :)

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary. So awesome you have so many things to be thankful for. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Kirsty! It has been a very blessed year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...