Sunday, December 9, 2012

9 Months of Gracie


You’ll never believe what I did this month.  I let my precious little baby crawl right off the bed in the middle of the night.  I was devastated and it was quite traumatic.  She cried… I cried… Georgia freaked out.  It was horrible but thankfully she was ok.  You’re probably asking yourself, “How in the hell did you let your baby crawl off the bed”?!  Allow me to explain.  On the occasional nights that Grace wakes up in the wee hours of the morning, the routine is for Georgia to put her in bed with me before warming her bottle and then I feed her.  Well, on this particular morning, G jumped out of bed to warm the bottle and I didn’t realize there wasn’t a pillow on the other side of Gracie.  I then fell asleep while her bottle was warming (which I don’t usually do).  One minute she was lying by my side falling back asleep and the next I was woken by a loud thump followed by crying.  I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared in my life!  I literally started making this screaming/animal type noise when I realized she was on the floor, which of course freaked her out even more and sent G sprinting into our room. 


Thankfully, Grace somehow managed to land on all fours and didn’t smack her head on the wood flooring.  We still called Dr. C and spent the next several hours following the make sure your kid doesn’t have a concussion protocol.  Baby girl was absolutely fine but that didn’t keep me from crying several times the following day.  The mental picture of Gracie on the floor that kept playing over and over in my head, PLUS the guilt I felt was a bit too much for me.  I definitely lost some mama points on that night and I still feel guilt about that, but we have all since recovered.


In other 9-month Gracie news… This is going to totally sound like an excuse BUT we’ve had to delay moving Grace to her room due to the holidays, pause for judgment ;).  In less than 2 weeks, we are going to have Grace’s two uncles and her auntie as houseguests.  This year it’s Chris and Dean’s turn to have the guestroom, which means that my sister will be crashing in the nursery on some sectionals from the living room couch.  My sis typically stays up all hours of the night on her Mac working and has a little Yorkie who isn’t that loud but does bark occasionally.  Anyone with a baby would agree that this sleeping arrangement = baby waking up all.night.long.  So in other words… baby’s move to the nursery is not happening this month.  

Here is a bit more of what our Gracie girl was up to in month NINE ~

* She can say “hi” and wave and has started to wave goodbye too.

* 2 teeth have surfaced and another top tooth looks like it’s going to break through very soon.  These days, our girl is a drooling machine!

* She can pull herself up to a standing position and just figured out how to sit back down without freaking herself out.

* Her meal schedule is still 3 servings of solids a day.  She has a serving of fruit or veggies for her first 2 meals and cereal mixed with fruit and cinnamon for dinner.

* She is doing great with the pincher grasp.  She can pick up her crunchies, yogurt bites and really any small snack without a problem. 

* The babe is on the move.  She can transition from the coffee table to the couch and can slowly scale along one side of the coffee table to the other while standing.

* Some new foods she tried this month include: black olives, Greek yogurt, black beans, cauliflower, parsnip, cottage cheese, garlic, cabbage, onions, orange slices and Little Crunchies, which she LOVES!


* Still wearing 9-month sizes but can fit into a lot of her 12-month clothing.  Her onesie for this month’s shoot is a 12-month size.

* Based off her weigh-in at our last check-up 3 weeks ago, I would estimate that she weighs around 19lbs.

* Bedtime is still between 8-8:30pm but she rarely sleeps through the night these days.  She usually wakes up around 4pm, then just as quickly goes back to bed.  I’m not sure exactly when or why this change occurred but I’m ready for her to go back to the old STTN pattern!

* She is finally saying MAMA (as opposed to ma or mum) and says it often!  I’m pretty sure she’s already figured out that all she has to do is say the word and I’ll do whatever she wants. ;)

* This girl is working hard to master the art of standing.  Once she pulls herself to a standing position, she’ll get her feet planted and slowly let go of what she’s holding on to.  Her stance only lasts a few seconds but she sure does get a kick out of it!


Grace has now officially been a part of our everyday lives for as long as she was cookin in Georgia's belly.  Isn’t that just crazy?!  What did we ever do without her!

6 comments:

  1. That teeny tiny pumpkin :) I love her smile.

    Ok. I think only 1 of my kids has NOT rolled off of my bed. and it's a tall one. The wife has to jump up to get her butt on it ! ha ha
    They live. (luckily for us) they forget.

    Unless of course we blog about it and then in years to come they can remind us what horrible parents we were :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! So, true... There's no denying it now that I put it out there in blogland! I called my mom the day after it happened, so upset and she described the falls each of us took as babies. I guess it happens more than you would think but still leaves you feeling like the worst parent ever!

      Is it bad that it makes me feel a little better every time someone shares their similar experience as new moms, lol! Thanks, K.

      Delete
  2. We're so close to having EJ end up on the floor. I always throw her between us for that last-minutes-of-sleep nursing, but it's only a matter of time before she climbs over me and goes falling off the bed. Glad to hear you all made it through safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I certainly hope not! Using pillows to block the edges of the bed has always done the trick... If only I remembered to use the pillow in this instance. I hope EJ is doing well! I think it's time we see some recent pictures of that little cutie! :)

      Delete
  3. I was thinking the same thing about the 9 month mark! I totally carried her for 9 months!? Anyway, I must admit, Peyton has crawled off the bed a few times and it kind of freaked me out, but she's fine!! I love seeing our girls on the same pace really as far as development and I swear, Gracie is so cute! I wish we lived closer I would totally play date with you girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep hearing from the mamas I've talked to. It appears that crawling off the bed is rather common... I think what freaked me out is that we have a HUGE sleigh bed that is pretty high off the ground and wood floors. She could have really been hurt and I'm just so thankful that she wasn't!! Thanks for making me feel a little bit better about it. :)

      I would love for the girls to have a play date, so you gals are just going to have to take a vacation to NM, lol! Happy 9 months to little miss Peyton!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...