Friday, December 28, 2012

Pre-Christmas Catch-up


The fact that I’ve only posted twice in nearly 3 weeks is one indication of how busy things have been around here – I’m missing my blog friends!  We have been on the go non-stop and have had a full house for the past week (which we LOVE) but this leaves little time for blogging.  Georgia’s brother and his boyfriend Chris went back home to LA on Wednesday and my little sis goes back to Vancouver tomorrow, boo!  I’m hoping to post pictures of Gracie’s first Christmas this weekend once all the dust from the holiday settles. 

In the meantime, here are some of the holiday shenanigans that have kept us occupied the past couple of weeks.  Per the usual… get ready for a picture heavy post. ;)

::Operation Santa’s Child::

My mom hosted her 18th annual “Operation Santa’s Child” charity event and it was a huge success!  It’s really important to me and G that we instill a sense of philanthropy in Grace and this is one family tradition that will do just that!  Helping others in the community and giving back is, after all, what Christmas is all about.


This year our little family adopted a 4 year old boy named Mike. 


Several of our friends donated gifts to kiddos in the other families as well!  Thank you all so much for making Christmas possible for these kids and for participating in this event.


::Annual Girls Christmas Party::

Some of our closest friends also happen to be people we work with and this year we all got together to celebrate a tradition we start 7 years ago – the annual “Girls Christmas Party”.  Gracie had her 2nd sleepover which meant that both mamas got to partake in some yummy wine sampling.  It was so nice to let our hair down and catch up with friends. :) 


::Christmas Cooking::

Christmas cooking is a staple activity in our house as I’m sure it is in most of your homes during the holidays.  This year we had our cooking day on an afternoon when Gracie’s uncles and aunt were chillin at our house and it was so much fun.  My sister made her signature shrimp tamales and Dean and Chris helped with the gluten free baked goods and mimosas.  I heart mimosas!


::Road trip to Madrid, New Mexico::

Together with my mom, Missy and our nephews, we all took a little road trip up to Madrid, NM to see the Christmas lights and have dinner.  The Village of Madrid is super old, very quaint and just beautiful.  My favorite part of the day was the scenic drive up to the mountains and back.  A long drive, while catching up with family makes for some good laughs.


::Ugly Sweater Christmas Party::

My childhood BFF’s throw an Ugly Sweater party every year and for the past several years we've had to miss it due to other family activities.  This year we were free so we joined the group wearing the ugliest sweaters we could find and had a blast.  We laughed so hard I literally lost my voice the following day.  Good times. :) 

::Santa Claus Prep::

And lastly, the wife and I spent nearly 3 hours assembling Gracie’s “Deluxe Ride & Relax Wagon” from Santa.  The wagon took way longer to put together than we anticipated but was totally worth the time!  This thing converts from a standard wagon to a wagon with 2 bucket seats equip with seatbelts as well as a bench (that can seat adults), 4 cup holders, a cooler and umbrella!  We have since taken her for a stroll in it and I think this is going to be one gift she will enjoy for many years to come!


Well, that about wraps up our pre-Christmas catch-up.  What fun things do you do with friends and family during the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a fun time pre-Christmas. I look forward to seeing Christmas as well!! I love the idea of instilling philanthropy in your kiddo, I definitely want to do that as well! This year we adopted a few kids from the Angel Tree at Walmart and a senior citizen. It always feels nice to give back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael! I didn't know that Walmart had an Angel Tree. We'll need to check that out next year. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...