Sunday, January 13, 2013

10 Months of Gracie

I wrote this post on the 7th but we didn’t get around to taking Gracie’s 10 month pictures until today… slackers!


In less than two months our little babe will be ONE YEAR OLD!  I think this is finally setting in for Georgia and I because it seems to be the only thing we can talk about these days.  It’s like we woke up a few weeks ago to this big girl who stands, eats the same food as us, calls us by name and looks to be ready to walk soon!  In addition to growing like a weed, she has also started to show so much personality.  Grace cracks us up every single day with her antics!  If she wants something (or does not want something) she lets us know… aka she has learned how to shake her head “no” and thinks it’s so funny when she does it!  She puts on little performances from her highchair to make us laugh and has become very generous with her sweetness.  She is always handing out big slobbery kisses; plenty of cuddles and long hugs. 
  
The big to-do this month was transitioning Grace to her own room.  She spent her first night in her crib this past Friday and is doing pretty good so far.  I don’t think either of us went into the transition with any expectations other than, “let’s hope we can lay her in the crib once she falls asleep without waking her” and that too has gone smoothly.  There was a lot of prep that went into the move including rewashing the bedding, taking safety precautions like installing a breathable crib bumper and digital monitor as well as purchasing a sound machine.  That may seem like excessive prep but if it helps us sleep easier at night knowing she’s ok, I say it’s worth it, right?  

She slept in her crib 12 hours straight last night.  So far so good!  


Here is a bit more of what our Gracie girl was up to in month TEN ~

* She has learned how to bark like a dog!  When we ask, “Gracie, how does a doggie go?” She responds with, “woof, woof”!  We have the poor girl barking all day, ha!

* She is standing unsupported for longer periods of time.  G is convinced that she is going to walk within a month… we shall see.

* We always joke that Grace has abs of steel because she has been able to sit up from a laying position without help and has done “baby crunchies” since she was tiny, the girl is strong!  Because of this, diaper changing has become nearly impossible.  She wants to stand, we want her to lie down… it’s a struggle.  

* When you ask her, “where’s mommy” she will point to Georgia and she points to me when we ask, “where’s mama”.  This was by far one of my favorite developments of the past month!

* She’s a dancin’ machine!  The dancing started about 3 weeks ago and it’s the funniest thing ever.  My aunt gave Grace a singing/dancing reindeer for Christmas and that little thing gets her waving her arms and bouncing to the music like crazy.  I’m going to do my best to get it on video soon!

* Throwing things is a favorite activity these days.  When she’s playing she will empty her toy box by launching everything in it over her head and also enjoys pushing the food off her highchair when she is done eating.  It’s messy but fun!


* She is getting very good at entertaining herself.  In the mornings, Georgia will put her in the play yard with toys and she will play on her own for 30+ minutes.  Since that’s all the time G really needs to get ready in the AM it works out great for me. ;)

* Some new foods she has tried this past month include: spaghetti sauce, spicy humus, pesto, cherries, corn, pancakes, snap peas, peaches, string cheese, zucchini, tortilla, pineapple AND chocolate cake (thanks to auntie Missy…).

* Just this past Monday we introduced poultry to Gracie’s diet and she thought it was YUM!  We are holding off on feeding her red meat until she’s 14-18 months but for now she will get to enjoy plenty of delicious chicken and turkey meat.

* She has grown out of nearly all of her 9 month clothing and we’ve transitioned her closet to a 12 month section and an 18 month section on the opposite side.  It still makes my heart ache when I have to fill bins with the clothes she has grown out of. :(

* The babe adores her walker.  She spends about an hour running around the house in it every evening and has even started following us down the hall all the way back to her nursery.

* Purées are on their way out.  Between being spoon feed mush and feeding herself grown-up food, there really is no contest.  She is down to one purée a day and I’m sure we will be done with purees all together in the near future.


I’m thinking this will be the month that we pierce baby girl’s ears!  We haven’t put if off for any specific reason other than we just haven’t thought much about it.  I would love for her to wear earrings at her birthday party and I want her little ears to have plenty of time to heal before hand.  Is it weird that I’m totally nervous to do this?!

Happy 10 months my little lovie.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, she's so big!!!! And beautiful as always. Its good she's learned easily to recognise your different names - I always wonder with two mums will it be hard for them to differentiate between the similar names!! Love these monthly updates.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I was pretty surprised when she began differentiating us given her age. I thought that was something that would come later. Congratulations on the engagement! Let the wedding planning begin. :)

      Delete
  2. ooooh she's cute.
    Can't wait to hear how the sleeping is going.
    YAY for people food !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's doing better everyday! Last night she slept in her crib 12 hours straight!!! I couldn't believe it.

      Delete
  3. How sweet! I really love reading about her developments! We just started planning Peyton's first birthday party, with a theme included. When we get some ideas settled upon, I will share them. Until then, I am waiting for your uber creative crafty stuff that I am sure you have planned for Gracie's birthday! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! What themes are you guys considering? I've been so busy with work that I don't think I'll have time to hand make as much stuff as I would like... but I'm going to try my best!

      I can't wait to see what you all have planned for little miss Peyton.

      Delete
  4. just found your blog and your family is so totally adorable! and gracie??? omg!!!!!! i've been searching for other lesbian couple family blogs and i'm so happy i found yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, thanks so much for the comment! I'm glad you found our little space in the blogosphere. I look forward to visiting your blog!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...