Monday, January 7, 2013

1st Birthday Party Planning, ALREADY!

For months now I have forced myself to repress my OCD need to start planning baby girl’s first birthday party.  I figured that if I could just make it to January without ordering anything, purchasing party favors or visiting the party isle at our local craft store, come January I would be well within my mama rights to plan away.  Well guess what month it is people… it’s January!  We have less than 2 months to baby girl’s big day and the time has come to party plan – woot!

Thanks to Pinterest, I’ve known the theme I wanted to do for Gracie’s first birthday since she was about 3 months old.  I came across the idea while searching, “baby’s first birthday” and knew it was perfect the moment I came across it.  The best part is, I didn’t even have to sell Georgia on the idea.  I showed her a couple pictures and she loved it.  So, come this March, we are throwing Grace her very own CIRCUS party under the big tent!


I already have so many ideas I am bursting at the seams.  I’ve made a few mental notes of items I plan to make and the wife (who isn’t known to be big on party planning), made her first purchase way before me.  When we were in LA she found an adorable little tent at IKEA and decided she had to get it for the party.  We’re thinking it would look cute on a gift/picture table. :)     
 
Georgia’s one request for this, Gracie’s first birthday, was that she wanted it to be a BIG, super fun celebration.  She said that in the years to come, Grace’s parties will get smaller, we’ll do the pizza place party, the bowling party and all the other usual bday celebrations with close friends and family, but this one is her FIRST!  I couldn’t agree more.  Aside from the location, which we booked this weekend (yay!!) here are some of the ideas we have so far…

Our location has the option to rent a jumper so we’re getting one of those.  The idea is circus fun after all!


We want to have a “photo booth” area with a simple backdrop and silly circus props for guests to take fun pictures AND at the end of the day we want everyone to leave with something sweet.  We’re thinking Animal Cracker + thank you = happy friends and family.


I know that candy tables are super trendy right now, but how can you not have a table dedicated to sweets at a circus party?  There will be tons of kids and I know they would LOVE IT.  The parents… not so much, hehe. 


G really wants to make Gracie’s “Smash Cake” so she ordered a tiny 3-tier cake mold on Amazon this weekend.  I can’t wait to see how it comes out!


So much to do, so little time.  I love this kind of stuff so I can hardly wait!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun birthday - can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's time to put my crafting hat on. ;)

      Delete
  2. LOVE the pinterest ideas. love love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a love/hate relationship with Pinterest... Usually it's just a website that sucks up a bunch of my time in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Finally it's good for something, lol!

      Delete
  3. I love it! I've been thinking about what to do for EJ's first--maybe I'll spend some time looking for ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when our group of prego moms started giving birth within months of each other and here we are planning 1st birthday parties I can't even wrap my head around that!

      Be sure to check out Pinterest. They have great ideas for parties both big and small. :)

      Delete
  4. This is HILARIOUS because, no kidding, I just told the wife the other day that I already have baby #2's 1st birthday already planned (even though she is not even born yet) and it is CIRCUS theme...inspired by Pinterest of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Great minds think alike. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh man I wish we lived in NM! This would be so fun to attend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you girls lived here too! If you happen to be in the area the weekend of March 3rd we would love to have you! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...