Monday, January 14, 2013

We almost have a walker!

Grace is showing more and more signs every week that she is ready to walk!  This video was taken this past weekend at my mom (aka Nani’s) house.  My mom has a musical walker that belonged to my niece, Mia and when we set it up in front of Gracie she took off!  You would never have guessed that this was her first stroll in the walker.  She took two spills but got right back on her feet and kept on going.  That’s my girl!

As excited as I am for Grace’s first steps, I am also a bit nervous that she’s going to hurt herself.  G started baby proofing a few weeks ago, putting bumpers on sharp edges of furniture that is down at Gracie’s level.  I imagine we’ll have to up our baby proofing efforts once she is officially on the go, which could happen in another month, or in a week for all we know…

Grace starts stage 3 Gymboree this weekend, so hopefully we can further develop her walking skills in class.  We’ve signed her up for a month of classes, which is 4 sessions.  I’m excited to see what develops. 

If you’ve ever wondered where I get my overly animated video narrating skills, just listen to my mom in this video… ha!  The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. ;)

14 comments:

  1. How exciting! and yes, she will fall and hurt herself constantly. Comes with the territory :)We almost got stitches twice now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! If I couldn't handle Grace crawling off the bed, I can't imagine what I would do if she needed stitches... It's time for this mama to toughen up!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Haha! These kids of ours are growing like weeds...

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love to hear moms get excited about their kids becoming mobile. and then I laugh and try and think of ways to warn you about what happens after they become mobile. :)
    Today though.....today I'm just going to listen to the happiness and excitement in your voices on the video and just let the other part go :) because I was once a first time mom too. and it's always magical. and maybe that sweet little Gracie won't be a runner. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your comment to the wife and she cracked up! Apparently she has quite a few "runners" in her family and decided to share some of those lovely childhood stories. We're doomed... ;)

      Delete
  4. I am with KJ above....I will celebrate this wonderful milestone with you, but also offer up this little tidbit: You are in for it! Batten down the hatches now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! We're still able to block Grace into a large play space in the living room but even that is getting difficult... I'm going to continue enjoying this time while it lasts. ;)

      Delete
  5. We have a dinosaur walker and it sings when she moves with it. Peyton has been playing with it for months now. I am just so anxious to have her walk! I know I will regret saying that later! She's been cruising along the furniture and taking small steps in recent weeks, but nothing monumental! Congrats on Gracie's little walking journey! I look forward to seeing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael! It was so exciting to see her use the walker for the first time! We may need to steal (I mean borrow) it from my mom! I'm glad to her that Peyton is on the move too!

      Delete
  6. Awww so cute! She's gotten so big so quickly! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the sweetest video! Way to go Gracie! She is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks! It's one of my favs!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...