Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What’s up buttercup?

I feel like all I’ve posted about recently has been DIY projects and crafting, while all sorts of other stuff has been going on for us and the babe behind the scenes.  The weeks have flown by and our days have passed quickly, but we’ve had lots of little adventures in between.  In keeping up with Gracie’s “baby book” (aka my blog) here’s a bit of what our girl has been up to…

We took Gracie to her first in-door swimming party and she had a blast!  She is such a water baby and actually cries when we try to take her out of the water.  When we received the invite, me and G were so excited to go swimming but arrived at the party only to discover that we were the only parents in bathing suites with the intention to swim.  I’m going to take this to mean that we’re still young at heart. ;)


Seriously, how cute is this bathing suit and baby wrap? 
Thank you uncle Anthony and auntie Jackie!


Little miss joined mama for her first ever book club luncheon.  She sat in the corner munching on yogurt bites and smiling at the girls.  We shared a cobb salad and overall the lunch was 100% fuss-free.


Grace has also begun grocery shopping with us.  So far she has done pretty good on the days that I’ve kept the shopping spree under an hour.  I can usually occupy her with a book or toy, but those times when she’s wanted something off the shelf and mama’s said no… let’s just say she wasn't happy about it.  The girl wants what she wants.  I have no idea who she gets that from...


Due to HIGH demand, Grace took an early day from grandma and grandpa’s so she could visit her moms at work.  I was interviewing new employees during most of her visit but could clearly hear her laughing, “talking” and shouting down the hall from behind the closed doors of the office I was in, lol.  I just love that our co-workers adore her so much.  She’s pretty fond of them too!


The babe somehow managed to out grow our smaller shower in the master bathroom, so we’ve made the move to the guest bath.  I think we were still using the shower because it’s just so much easier – but seeing how much she LOVES splashing in the tub, it’s transition time.


My mom is super awesome and volunteered to Nani-sit for us the other weekend so we could have a much needed date night.  Let’s just say we haven’t quite mastered the ability to pack a bag, drop Gracie off and make a movie on time as of yet.  While we did miss our movie we were still able to have dinner and Grace got some playtime with her cousins.  I consider that a win, win!


Lastly, our girl has continued to get more and more silly with every passing day.  This is the new smile she gives us anytime we break out the camera... haha!

10 comments:

  1. Bit of shopping advice: When in the grocery store, go straight to the baking aisle and pick up a couple of bottles of sprinkles and hand them to Grace to play with...they are pretty much colorful shakers and will entertain her for a good 20-25 minutes as she shakes and tries to get the lid off, lol. Saved us many times while shopping with little guy. Just set them aside when checking out, no need to buy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a genius! I'm totally going to use that tip because what I've been doing hasn't really been working. I'll usually grab a book off the shelf and either I end up picking it up off the floor a million times, or she gets mad because I won't let her eat it. Sprinkles sound way better!

      Delete
  2. That pool looks like so much fun, I would have been in there too!

    Love the bathing suit - girls are so much fun to shop for!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The party was at a pool at one of the local high schools. My high school pool looked nothing like this when I was in school!

      I agree - little girl bathing suits are super cute but I just wish they didn't grow so fast... so far Grace has only worn each of her bathing suits once!

      Delete
  3. I love the smile! I am glad I am not alone in that! How cute is that! I swear these girls are so similar. Peyton is my 'team mascot' at work. LOL they all want to come to her first birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the hilarious face I told you about! Silly girls.

      Delete
  4. The last picture wins it for me. LOVE it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the pictures are just precious! It must be so much fun dressing that little cutie pie up! I wish they had cuter clothes for little boys!!! We do our best with Noah but always wish they had more to chose from : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a blast playing dress up with Grace. I remember back when my 11 year old nephew was born, it seemed that there were only like 2 racks of boy clothes in every store I visited.. It seems there is a little bit bigger of a selection now. You seem to find some really cute stuff for Noah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...