Thursday, March 28, 2013

She’s growing like a weed!


Seriously!  I don’t know what’s going on with my kid but she is sprouting like crazy these days.  I’m having to go through her clothing twice as often as before and still there have been a few outfits (around 12 month size) that I pulled out too late.  My sister bought Grace this adorable black onesie that said, “this is my little black dress”.  It had pearls around the neckline and came with a super cute black tutu.  Well… I waited too long to break it out and now she’ll never be able to wear it because it’s too small. :( I guess I’m just in denial that my little gal is getting bigger and continue to be shocked by how quickly it’s happening.   

We finally had Gracie’s 12-month check-up yesterday and she did awesome.  Our previous pediatrician appointment was in early November so both G and I were very eager to see Gracie’s doc.  This brings up questions I’ve been meaning to ask all you parents out there.  How often do you get to see your kiddo’s pediatrician?  When your little one was a baby did your doc have you come in every 2-3 months or longer?  The reason I ask is that 60-90 days seems to be the typical cycle with most parents I talk to and yet I feel like we never see Gracie’s pediatrician.

Anyhow, we still LOVE doctor C.  She is so great with Gracie and baby girl adores her.  Grace showed her doc all her tricks during the appointment.  She pointed to all her little baby body parts as we named them off, she waved and said most of her words and she was super engaged and pointed at everything.  She even signed “more” for us for the first time!  “More” is a sign we’ve been working on for about a month now but she had yet to do it for us.  I managed to get it on video!



Dr. C had nothing but great things to say about Gracie’s development.  The thing that made our day was when, at the end of the appointment, Dr. C said that Gracie’s verbal development is that of a 15 month old!  I swear Grace was totally showing off and doing all the things we always try and get her to show friends and family.  I’m so glad she finally decided to perform for us – what great timing right?!

Here are Gracie’s one-year stats:

* Weight: 21lbs 4oz – 50th percentile
* Height: 29.5in – 55th percentile
* Head Circumference: 18.3in – 80th percentile      


The folded hands, those eyes, that hair!  LOVE!

10 comments:

  1. I mean she is clearly a genius and cute to boot! And that last picture...the little perfect side bow? Come on, adorable!

    We too had a few incidents of waiting too long to pull out a cute outfit and it not fitting :( I think between a year and 3 years the growth rate is accelerated. I have been told that this levels off between 3ish and 6, but based on my kid's height, I am not buying it.

    We saw Little Monster's pediatrician every 3 months until he turned 2 and now it is once a year (unless he gets sick, obviously).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Bows seem to be all we can do these days to keep her hair out of her face. I've always loved her in headbands but she pulls them off the minutes we put them on, little stinker! I'm looking forward to her growth slowing down a bit but not because of the outfits. She's just growing too fast!

      I can't believe Boo is going to be here in just weeks!

      Delete
  2. So is your doctors hair. :)
    She is a doll and oh so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! At every appointment Dr. C has a new look. LOL!

      Delete
  3. So cute! At that age N cried the moment we arrived at the peds office and didn't stop until we left again :-(

    We saw our ped every 3 months until he was 2 and then we went back at 2.5, but I think it will go to yearly after his 3 year check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace cried at the start of a few of her appointments too. Dr. C is awesome with her though so she's pretty good about calming her down. It seems that everyone I talk to saw their ped every 3 months. Our appointments are every 4. I wish they were more often!

      Delete
  4. I love the picture of her a year ago and then now. I did the same thing with Peyton's pictures, though it's the one of us together. Grace is getting so big! I think it's awesome that she's talking up that much! We saw our pediatrician every 2-3 months until this last appointment, now we don't got back until 18 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't the year to year pictures the best! Peyton is getting so big too! Such a cutie. :)

      Delete
  5. Great pictures. G is such a cutie!

    We did well-baby checks up to 12 months. I am not a fan of our family doc but have a wonderful relationship with our naturopathic doctor, so I took the girls to see her at 12 and 18 months. I will take them when they hit 2 in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashleigh. :)

      Yeah, it's official... Our Ped didn't see Grace often enough in her first year. You're like the 10th mom to tell me your well baby check-ups were every 3 months. I knew I wasn't crazy when I felt like we never went in!

      Delete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...