Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter, eggs & a toddler, oh my!



Easter has always been a very special holiday for our little family.  Not only is it a day that we give thanks for all that we have been blessed with, but it is also somewhat of a birthday palooza!  This year my sis-in-law’s birthday fell on Palm Sunday, my brother’s was the day following Passover and both Gracie’s grandpa George and her cousin Rudy celebrated their birthday’s on the 1st and 2nd of April, following the Easter holiday.  It is always a busy time full of family, cooking and tons of celebration.  This year we threw a toddler (still can’t believe I have a toddler!) in the mix, which definitely added a lot more JOY and chaos to the day. ;)


Easter officially started for us on Saturday night.  After Grace went to bed, we spent the evening getting her Easter basket ready along with little gifts for the nieces, nephews and grandparents.  This year Grace “hand painted” flowerpots for her grandparents and along with some seedlings and a little note from baby girl, we had something extra special to give the people that show our gal so much love.  I broke out the apron to do some baking and even Georgia channeled her inner Martha Stewart.  While I made colored deviled eggs and rolls, she baked up some yummy Easter egg brownie nests.  As we enjoyed some vino and finished up the crafting and baking, I couldn’t help but think to myself – being a mom is so much FUN!  Sure, it can get hectic and stressful at times but nights like this remind me of just how fun it is.   


We met G’s parents for brunch at one of our favorite restaurants Easter morning.  The weather was beautiful and Grace was in the best mood.  We were seated in a covered patio area looking out to the garden where the Easter Bunny was and there were kiddos everywhere!  Grace recently discovered what I lovingly refer to as her, “yelling voice” and she used it quite a bit during the meal.  I will admit I get nervous when she yells.  Even though she is smiling and excited while she does it, I’m still worried that someone is going to say something to us.  And to be honest, I’m more worried about what I would say back to anyone who would say something to us, lol.  Our silly little toddler has become quite the handful when eating out.  She desperately wants to explore rather than sit strapped in a chair.  Our dinning out experiences now involve MANY, many yogurt bites, plenty of toys to keep her busy, a spoon to play with and a straw or two for her to chew on.  Thankfully the shouting at brunch was minimal and ended once the food arrived.  I’m assuming our fellow brunchers were smitten with her cuteness because all we got from those around us were smiles.


Grandma and Grandpa gave Grace the most beautiful little porcelain angel that they had blessed at their church.  I know Gracie is going to cherish these meaningful gifts when she’s older but for now they are stored up high, far away from her little hands!

Following brunch we strolled the restaurant grounds checking out the Easter egg hunts that were being set up and even attempted to pay the Easter Bunny another visit.  Grace wasn’t having it so I didn’t make her sit with him.  The weird thing is that she did great with Mr. Bunny just days ago.  Oh well… at least we got one cute Easter Bunny picture of her smiling.  No need to torture the poor girl for a second one, right?!


My mom had everyone over to her casa for lunch and an Easter egg hunt later in the afternoon.  Gracie had lots of goodies and a little Easter basket waiting for her when we arrived full of play dishes for her and Mia’s new playhouse.  As I promised G last year, Gracie got to change out of her “fancy” Easter dress and put on something she could walk, crawl and play in.  This is something G has always been adamant about… I can dress her up on holidays, but I have to at some point let mommy dress her down, ha!  Thank you auntie Sara for the adorable polka dot outfit, it was perfect!


I adore watching Grace play with her cousins.  She gets so excited when she sees them and plays full-on (no nap) style the entire time they are together.  The kids spent the afternoon playing on the swings and in the adorable little house Nani got them.  They hunted for Easter eggs, chased each other around and blew bubbles in the grass.  It was so cute!


Our day was full of fun and went by fast and at the risk of sounding cheesy… It was definitely a day that reminded us of just how blessed we are to have all of these people in our lives.  To my fellow bloggers, I’ve loved seeing your Easter pictures and hope you all had a great day too!

Now I shall leave you with a picture that perfectly encapsulates my little toddler girl these days… Using her “yelling voice”. ;)

9 comments:

  1. I love that Gracie has a yelling voice! Ha! That last picture made me laugh!
    Looks like your Easter was a huge success and so much fun! Love all the pictures. Your crafty cooking never ceases to amaze me! The eggs and nests were adorable! Great Job Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's so silly, haha! Thanks for the kudos on my craftiness. I can't take credit for the nests though. That was all G. :)

      Delete
  2. I actually would like that polka dot outfit myself! Gracie looks adorable, that 'yelling shot' is definitely one to keep aside to embarrass her with as she gets older! Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! If only they made it in grown up size. I'll be sure to hold on to this last picture for future use, hehe! Happy Easter to you.

      Delete
  3. Awe she is getting so big, I love the last photo!! <3 Glad you girls had a good easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The first year goes by super FAST, as you will soon see! I hope you had a good Easter. :)

      Delete
  4. Your family is absolutely awesome. And it's been clear from the beginning how blessed you guys are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's always nice to be reminded of those little everyday blessings. I hope you J and the kiddos had a good Easter!

      Delete
  5. Your kiddo is adorable! I am glad Peyton hasn't found her yelling voice yet, but she has certainly found her climbing legs! ;) So glad you had an awesome Easter, you have a pretty fantastic family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for keeping up with our little family! We love reading your comments and will get back to you as soon as we can.

K+G+g+w ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...